official game thread 6/15

Ishmookie

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Let Minny enjoy their cupcake schedule now, because it gets harder and harder in the second half...  ;)

yeah, I just hope we can win when we play the Expos, and not play to their level.

Right - but we've had opportunities, that is why it is frustrating.    If it was just Burnett dominating us, oh well.  But six walks - you HAVE to make a pitcher pay if he puts six guys on without  one of those guys even hitting the ball...

OH i know. but sometimes you just cant get a hit. The term "effectivly wild" comes to mind. Sometimes he is wild enough to walk 6 guys, but still get you out.

Remember, this is the SAME guy who walked 10 and still threw a no-hitter back in 2001.

OH i know. but sometimes you just cant get a hit. The term "effectivly wild" comes to mind. Sometimes he is wild enough to walk 6 guys, but still get you out.

Remember, this is the SAME guy who walked 10 and still through a no-hitter back in 2001.

Here comes Benitez.

Well, IMO, a 10 walk no-hitter isn't a very good game pitched. I'd rather have a guy throw a three hitter with one or two walks...

Just logged on to see us down 4-0. The Fish Fry pitcher shuts us down on 2 hits. This guy had an ERA over 10 coming in the game. I knew we were in trouble from the first I saw that stat. Why can't we solve these guys is beyond me.

Just logged on to see us down 4-0. The Fish Fry pitcher shuts us down on 2 hits. This guy had an ERA over 10 coming in the game. I knew we were in trouble from the first I saw that stat. Why can't we solve these guys is beyond me.

Actually his stat line is quite misleading. Burnett was actually the most highly touted pitcher in the Marlins system...higher than Beckett. The guy has electric stuff even after tommy john surgery. You could almost expect him to shut us down, a hard tossing right handed pitcher. It just goes to show how bad we need a GOOD left handed bat in the lineup.