FOX News Channel Reviews Fahrenheit 911

LowerCaseRepublican

Welcome to the bizarro universe, where the movie reviewer at Fox News thinks Fahrenheit 9/11 is "a really brilliant piece of work, and a film that members of all political parties should see without fail".

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_st...,122678,00.html

Wow, Fox News Channel giving Michael Moore props for making a movie that does Bush no favors...::faints::

Did anyone here ever see that Simpsons episode where Krusty the Clown runs for Congressman?

I love the part where he goes on Fox News for a debate.. They put devils horns on the Democratic candidate.. the ticket at the bottom was hilarious too.

Here's how a Simpsons fan website describes it..

For those of you unfamiliar with the episode in question, Krusty the Clown is running for Congress (as a Republican) and debates his opponent on Fox News. It's a classic:

[Cue the classic split screen: and when the Fox News cameras showed Krusty, the American flag was behind him; when it panned to his Democratic opponent, the background was a Soviet flag, and devil?s horns were superimposed on the poor D's head.]

Fox News Announcer: Welcome to Fox News, your voice for evil. Tonight, we?ll be interviewing the top two candidates for Springfield?s 24th Congressional district. For the Republicans, beloved children?s entertainer, Krusty the Clown. And for the Democrats, this guy.

Democrat Candidate: Hey, I have a name.

Fox News Anchor: Yes, I?m sure you do, comrade. I do appreciate your being here. You?re usually so mired in sleaze, it must be an effort to come down to the studio.

Krusty: May I say something?

Fox News Anchor: Certainly, Congressman.

Democrat: He hasn?t won yet!

Fox News Anchor: You make a very adulterous point. We?ll now conclude this debate with a Krusty campaign commercial.

[Cue Commercial]

Further, as the debate is proceeding, a ticker that resembles the one Fox uses is crawling along the bottom of the screen with the following: "Pointless news crawls up at 37 percent. ... Do Democrats cause cancer? Find out at Foxnews.com. ... Rupert Murdoch: Terrific Dancer. ... Dow down 5000 points. ... Study: 92 percent of Democrats are gay. ... JFK posthumously joins Republican Party. ... Oil slicks found to keep seals young, supple. ... Dan Quayle: Awesome."

Further, as the debate is proceeding, a ticker that resembles the one Fox uses is crawling along the bottom of the screen with the following: "Pointless news crawls up at 37 percent. ... Do Democrats cause cancer? Find out at Foxnews.com. ... Rupert Murdoch: Terrific Dancer. ... Dow down 5000 points. ... Study: 92 percent of Democrats are gay. ... JFK posthumously joins Republican Party. ... Oil slicks found to keep seals young, supple. ... Dan Quayle: Awesome."

Great episode. And in the stranger-than-fiction department. Fox News actually looked into suing the Fox-produced Simpsons over it. There wouldn't be a Fox network without the Simpsons. :bang