101 yo man breaks skydive record

DBAHO

A 101-YEAR-old Cairns man today floated into the record books by doing a tandem skydive following a dare at his local football club.

Frank Moody, of Holloways Beach, made the tandem jump with experienced skydiver Karl Eitech this morning, virtually assuring him a place in the Guinness Book of Records.

Mr Moody beat the previous record holder, a 94-year-old Norwegian who made his jump in 1999, by seven years said Amanda Pilkington, a spokeswoman for Skydive Cairns, which arranged today's jump.

She said Mr Moody jumped from more than 3,000 metres and was safely on the ground by 8.45am (AEST).

"He's an absolute legend. It was a bit of a drunken dare by some of his mates at the local Holloways Beach football club. He said 'Sure, I'll go jump out of an aeroplane'."

Ms Pilkington said she nearly fell off her chair when she heard a 101-year-old was keen to jump but she went ahead and arranged to do a Guinness record attempt.

"We decided to attempt to beat the record as well as giving Frank an awesome experience and one that he'll remember for the rest of his life.

"He's very switched on and very witty and charming. It's an absolute pleasure to have done this for him."

Ms Pilkington said she would be sending off footage of the jump and other relevant information to the Guinness Book of Records head office in London and expects confirmation back within weeks.

After today's jump, Mr Moody went down to his football club with his son John to have a Guinness to celebrate the event and to tell his mates he had gone through with it.

"He's been given his footage and photographs so he's got proof and evidence that he's done it," Ms Pilkington said.

"He's an absolute legend. It was a bit of a drunken dare by some of his mates at the local Holloways Beach football club. He said 'Sure, I'll go jump out of an aeroplane'."

Ms Pilkington said she nearly fell off her chair when she heard a 101-year-old was keen to jump but she went ahead and arranged to do a Guinness record attempt.

"We decided to attempt to beat the record as well as giving Frank an awesome experience and one that he'll remember for the rest of his life.

"He's very switched on and very witty and charming. It's an absolute pleasure to have done this for him."

Damn, I wsh I knew how to speak English :headbang

Americanized version.

Frank was all f***ed up at the bar. He like had been ahh doing shooters all afternoon and said he'd jump out of a mutherf***ing plane. We called the parachute place on my cell and they were like ahhh huhhh the dudes like over 100 no way -- way.

It was totally cool, they called the Guiness dudes and they were like ahhh cool.

Frank was totaly into it. He was like cracking these jokes and trying to hit on the babe at the flight school who could have been his great great granddughter. During the dive, we all bet if he would s*** his depends.