Schoney

EvilJester99

Is anyone concerned about how Schoney has been pitching of late?? I am mostly wondering if the Sox should be actually looking for 2 quality starters instead of just one?

He's no doubt comin back to earth. This is bad news though if he doesn't get it goin again. It's gonna be hard enough for us to get 1 starter in a trade let alone two.

Like shuf said, he's a fifth starter. 6 1/3, four runs, it isn't great, but it's pretty good for a fifth starter. Problem is we only have four starters, so he's more like a fourth starter.

Fit Freddy Garcia in between Buerhle/Loaiza and Garland/Schoeney and we have a solid rotation.

Let's hope Arnie Munoz can get it done against the 'Expos on Saturday.

Like shuf said, he's a fifth starter.  6 1/3, four runs, it isn't great, but it's pretty good for a fifth starter.  Problem is we only have four starters, so he's more like a fourth starter.

Fit Freddy Garcia in between Buerhle/Loaiza and Garland/Schoeney and we have a solid rotation. 

Let's hope Arnie Munoz can get it done against the 'Expos on Saturday.

If he can't get it done against that pathetic Expos offense we're in real trouble.

Personally, I don’t have any confidence in Scott anymore. Until he can show me his best (like the beginning of the year) I’ll be there to support him. He deserves to be 5-5 with a 4.30 ERA. I’ve read that he wants some run support, the sort of support Mark Buehrle gets. Well, he’s not going to get it if he keeps giving up homeruns.

Yesterday he was ahead of a Florida batter with a 0-2 count. That was a great opportunity to strike the person out. Instead he gives up a 2 run single which gave the Marlins a 4-0 lead.

I'm actually concerned about both Schoney and Garland. They are both good, decent pitchers. Garland had a solid outing the other night, but he gave up a few long balls. Not to be negative at all, but something tells me our rotation is not exactly as strong as we'd like to believe.

Buerhle is slowly turning himself into the ace of this staff. He's also been fortunate to be getting huge run support this year. Loiaza has been solid, but is hardly blowing anybody away. Schoney and Garland have been mediocre at best. On top of that, we don't even have a 5th starter yet.

We're still playing well and we absolutely will battle the Twins for 1st place all year long. I'd just hate to see us get into the playoffs and get a big pitching letdown because the inconsistency we're seeing right now ain't gonna cut it in the playoffs. Then again - the current roster will probably be tweaked and modified a bit by then anyway.