6/17/04 - Official Game Thread - Sox v. Marlins

Goldmember

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Timo "I'll get playing time for the rest of the year because of one at bat" Perez grounds out to Gonzalez.

lay off man, if it wasn't for timo. This game would be over, he's the only sox with an RBI ;)

I am afraid he is starting to come back to Earth after tearing the place apart this year.

If back to earth means .280 hitter then I'll be more than happy, but IMO he's proved that he has the ability to hit and he's only 24. So he's most defintely a keeper.

If back to earth means .280 hitter then I'll be more than happy, but IMO he's proved that he has the ability to hit and he's only 24. So he's most defintely a keeper.

I think he is a keeper too, but he is the type of hitter that Greg Walker must work with all the time. He also must get it through his head that he has to listen to Walker to improve.

He's not saying that.  But you should just lay off the guy, if not for him, we'd probably be a couple wins shorter right now.  So just, lay off...

CWS, the comment was in green. Granted what was said about Perez wasn't, and I'm glad he's won us some games. However, if he continues to get this much playing time the bad probably will outweigh the good. You can't expect to be a great team with this guy in the lineup. That's just my opinion.

I mean he hasn't played THAT great to warrant the both of you jumping on me so quickly? Has he? :ph34r:

CWS, the comment was in green. Granted what was said about Perez wasn't, and I'm glad he's won us some games. However, if he continues to get this much playing time the bad probably will outweigh the good. You can't expect to be a great team with this guy in the lineup. That's just my opinion.

I mean he hasn't played THAT great to warrant the both of you jumping on me so quickly? Has he?  :ph34r:

ok, but with the situation we're in, IMO, it's OK for him to be in the lineup. No, he isn't a starter. But he's a 'platoon' starter, for the moment, while Maggs is on the DL. That, IMO, is alright.