6/17/04 - Official Game Thread - Sox v. Marlins

Goldmember

But why should Perez platoon? Wouldn't a Gload/Rowand platoon be better? It just doesn't make any sense to me, but that's just me. I really think Timo's role on the team is as a late-inning pinch runner/situational hitter. Whether Mags is hurt or not.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

CWS, the comment was in green. Granted what was said about Perez wasn't, and I'm glad he's won us some games. However, if he continues to get this much playing time the bad probably will outweigh the good. You can't expect to be a great team with this guy in the lineup. That's just my opinion.

I mean he hasn't played THAT great to warrant the both of you jumping on me so quickly? Has he?  :ph34r:

but he hasn't been bad either for you and a few others to continue to rip him constantly. He's been a solid bench/backup player, and why not give him a few starts while mags is injured? I can't say rowand has been any better than perez.

But why should Perez platoon? Wouldn't a Gload/Rowand platoon be better? It just doesn't make any sense to me, but that's just me. I really think Timo's role on the team is as a late-inning pinch runner/situational hitter. Whether Mags is hurt or not.

He is hot right now, why not go with him?

perez has done just as well as rowand/gload. Rowand has gotten alot more playing time than perez, why not try perez now while we have the chance?

Against LHP, Rowand eclipses Perez by FAR. I guess you could defend him against righties, but Gload hasn't lollygagged plays like Perez.

EDIT: Rowand is the best defender and has the best arm of the three btw.

Against LHP, Rowand eclipses Perez by FAR. I guess you could defend him against righties, but Gload hasn't lollygagged plays like Perez.

EDIT: Rowand is the best defender and has the best arm of the three btw.

It's not like ozzie is throwing perez out there against lefties though. He has had only 4 at-bats against them and is 2-4.