Yankees "real close" to acquiring Freddy Garcia

redandwhite

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When will teams stop buying into these overhyped Yankee prospects? Really, who was the last one that they traded that turned out to be good? Mike Lowell? I'm sure Reds fans are still stoked about that Casey Claussen character they picked up last year for Aaron Boone.

One other thing, isn't Newsday notoriously wrong in their rumor reporting? I'm not saying they are Sam Smith, but I seem to recall that they are wrong more than they are right.

When will teams stop buying into these overhyped Yankee prospects?  Really, who was the last one that they traded that turned out to be good?  Mike Lowell?  I'm sure Reds fans are still stoked about that Casey Claussen character they picked up last year for Aaron Boone.

Brandon Claussen :ph34r:

but your right, the Yankees feed all teams crap and hype about their freakin prospects. The only "fair" trade I remember the Yankees making involving prospects was the Knoblauch deal to the Twins where they recieved Guzman, Milton and others.

The Brewers aren't trading Ben Sheets, period. 

We may have to look at other options such as Armas, Livan, Benson, Jennings, etc.

I wouldn't mind Livan. Benson would be ok...but please not Armas or Jennings. If a change of scenery returned Jennings to his old form it would be great, but right now he couldn't get the ball over lake michigan.

I wouldn't mind Livan.  Benson would be ok...but please not Armas or Jennings.  If a change of scenery returned Jennings to his old form it would be great, but right now he couldn't get the ball over lake michigan.

He pitched well against my Red Sox last night, and hey he's an ROY for a reason. The kids got talent.

Newsday in New York apparently is reporting that the Yankees are very close to acquiring Freddy Garcia, and ESPN 1000 suggests the White Sox and Kenny Williams will have to do whatever it takes to get Freddy on the southside soon.

Smokescreen to see who overpays???