Yankees "real close" to acquiring Freddy Garcia

redandwhite

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the Mariners fans I know...okay, I am referring to the one that I live with lol...don't have that high of an opinion of Garcia.  Be that as it may, he would make a good 4th starter for us.

4th...?? You think he's equal to Scott or John..??

Wow, he's way way way way better than a 4th...i don't think he's a righthanded Schoe

PS Queen Prawn did you see the Hurricanes traded Arturs Irbe last night?

Yeah - there is a post in the sports bar.

Godspeed LLB! I'll still cheer for him, unless he's up against the Hurricanes...that is if either team exists after the lockout... :unsure:

I am fed up with this pause by KW, get Garcia now.

I dont care for who, this team can Win this year.

NO MORE OF THIS NEXT YEAR REBUILDING BULLs***

Yeah! Let's trade Reed, Borchard, Anderson, Sweeney, and Honel for Garcia! And then let's have a behind closed doors clause that says Seattle gets Josh Fields and Giovany Gonzalez when they are trade eligible. Hell, let's throw in Diaz, Munoz, and Mac! As long as we get Garcia!

:rolleyes:

Even if you take away our top five outfielders, our minor league system is still much better than anything the Yankee system can dish out.

Would Rauch, Diaz, and a PTBNL contigent on how Garcia performed for us be fair? Yes - no? I think adding Diaz in there might be something dumb to do, but I'm thinking either Diaz or Borchard?

We don't need a 5th starter.  We need a 1st or 2nd.

and our 4th starter is s*** right now.

Contreras better not be the solution.

Over the course of 80 games or so, Contreras could be just as effective as Garcia. He wouldn't cost the prospects Garcia would. He would be under contract for 3 or so years, with the Yankees picking up most of the tab. He also could be an option for a closer, especially in the playoffs. Depending on Garcia's price tag playerwise, I'd almost rather have Contreras. Garcia was brutal last year, and although deserving of a better fate, is 3-6 this season. He isn't exactly a 1 or 2 starter himself.

Over the course of 80 games or so, Contreras could be just as effective as Garcia. He wouldn't cost the prospects Garcia would. He would be under contract for 3 or so years, with the Yankees picking up most of the tab. He also could be an option for a closer, especially in the playoffs. Depending on Garcia's price tag playerwise, I'd almost rather have Contreras. Garcia was brutal last year, and although deserving of a better fate, is 3-6 this season. He isn't exactly a 1 or 2 starter himself.

My thoughts exactly, Dick.

boo.gif

I like this one, it should be added for when we're pissed on game threads.

I don't know if it works for other people, but for me it's just an image of a waving smiley that says "Come visit VPsingles.com"...Whatever that means.....

I can't stand how this works. I don't think this is KW's fault at all; we know he's been going after Garcia for a long time now. The Mariners have been trying to hold on to Garcia for as long as they can to see what the best deal they can get is. I just don't understand how we can't give the Mariners something that they'd like more than the Yankees' offer.