Some Soxtalk milestones

southsider2k5

I am proud to announce that Soxtalk is adding two new moderators to the perpetual malestrom that is Sex, Lies and Politics. I would like to be the first to congratulate FlaSoxxJim and our first female mod, Queen Prawn. Be gentle, they are new.

Also with our next new member Soxtalk will have 1500 members. The growth here has just been astounding. As Jason has said many times, all of the numbers on this site just keep going up and up. All of the people who post here deserve a pat on the back, because everyone makes this site. From the littlest lurker, to guys like Jason and Alex who pay and work hard to maintain this site. Thank you to all!

Allow me to step outta my thick shadowscreen to say Congrats!!! I'm sure 14(sorry, I still know you as that no matter what) and FSJ will do a bangup job in SL&P. I mean, someone has to take up my slackness in moderation!!!

:headbang

Wow, cool. All of a sudden I have all kinds of new buttons and doodads and menu choices on my browser. I apologise in advance for all the threads that will surely be mistakenly moved, locked, pinned and deleted as I try to figure this all out. :)

Seriously, thanks. I'll try hard not to become DRUNK WITH THE POWER. If Peter Parker has taught us anything it is that "with great power comes great responsibility." (that and "even nerds can get really hot girlfriends if they get bit by radioactive mutant arachnids."). It is in that heroic spirit that I look forward to lording it over the board in my boxers and with a big bag of Doritos at my side. :D

:cheers SoxTalk!

Wow, cool.  All of a sudden I have all kinds of new buttons and doodads and menu choices on my browser.  I apologise in advance for all the threads that will surely be mistakenly moved, locked, pinned and deleted as I try to figure this all out.  :)

Seriously, thanks.  I'll try hard not to become DRUNK WITH THE POWER. If Peter Parker has taught us anything it is that "with great power comes great responsibility."  (that and "even nerds can get really hot girlfriends if they get bit by radioactive mutant arachnids.").  It is in that heroic spirit that I look forward to lording it over the board in my boxers and with a big bag of Doritos at my side.  :D

:cheers SoxTalk!

:lolhitting

Congrats to you FSJ and Queen Prawn; you both seem well deserving of being part of the hierarchy of SoxTalk.

Also, cheers to Jas, Alex, etc. who allow us all to interact with White Sox fans and not having to worry about rival team posters trolling and trashing the board.

:cheers

Since when am I included with Jas in that stuff? I don't pay for any of this stuff! LOL.

At least starting today I should be on a lot more.

I don't think I've done much for the site. I don't bring people to the boards. I've crashed it on numerous occasions. This is Jason's giraffe. I'm just along for the ride as long as he'll allow it.