Calling Graphics Gurus

CubsSuck1

Its been a while since I've been able to do any graphics at all, as I haven't had PSP now for months. However, there a a TON of amazing people here who do awesome work with signatures, etc. We are getting a stacked lineup of people who are simply outstanding with their work. Maybe we can come up with some ideas to have a little more fun with the long forgotten graphics board of Soxtalk. Her's what I though up.

Graphics Battles:

Graphics battles are simply a match between two artists from Soxtalk, to detrermine who can make an overall better graphic, while following a set of guidelines.

A battle would start by one artist 'calling out' another for a challenge. If the challengee accepts, someone makes up a set of guidelines for the battle.

An Example:

Guidelines

Size: 150x400 pixels

Theme: Favorite Sox player

Cuts: Two

Due: 48 hours

Winner: First to 10 votes

After each artist finishes their work, they post it in the topic, and, based on the guideline for the winner, the first to get the specified number of votes wins. Votes are by any Soxtalk user posting who they think should win. When voting, keep in mind that its not what just looks the best, but your vote should be based on may things: Creativity, Humor, Originality, and overall appearance.

-----------

Cuts:

Ala Fark.com. Many have seen the Dusky baker topic on Fark.com where an interesting picture is used, cut out, and put into a differnet scene. I think maybe we could do something to that extent here. If somebody could find that fark link for an example, much props.

-----------

If anybody is interested in doing either of these, drop me a line either in this topic or by PM. Based on feedback, I'll see if I can get either of these running. Also, if you have any suggestions, for graphics type stuff, just let me know and maybe we could do that as well. I just know a ton of people like to make graphics and I thought this would be a lot of fun to do, and a little more than the usual "make me a sig" requests.

Any questions or comments, tell me what you think.

Best Regards,

Andrew