Whisler is signed

WHarris1

I think its been cool we've been signing so many of our draft picks. I think in a few years, our minor league system will rival the best honestly, and our minor league teams are gonna be fun to watch. Heck, it didn't work out as well, but how cool was it at the beginning of the year to see Sweeney, Anderson, and Nanita in the same outfield, we haven't seen so many great prospects on one team in a while, and thats how teams like the twins grow, great players play all the way through the minors together, and when they come up, they have such great chemistry together. I don't know...random thought...i just like the way williams has handled our minor leagues, despite the trades.

Our minor league teams would look even better if we had Josh Rupe, Frank Francisco, Anthony Webster, Royce Ring, Bittner, and even Tim Hummell, even though he would probably be with the Sox if we had not given him away. Still, we do have the nucleus of a prety good farm system.

Our minor league teams would look even better if we had Josh Rupe, Frank Francisco, Anthony Webster, Royce Ring, Bittner, and even Tim Hummell, even though he would probably be with the Sox if we had not given him away. Still, we do have the nucleus of a prety good farm system.

The only guy that I think we'll really end up missing in the end is Rupe and maybe Francisco. But, the other 4 guys wont be anything more than avg. mlb players at most. What's done is done... let's not worry about players we lost in past trades, and be excited about who we do have now.

Oh, and I'm really glad that we signed Whisler. This guy has 4 quality pitches and is left handed. His only question is putting it all together. He could be really good once we work with him some.

The only guy that I think we'll really end up missing in the end is Rupe and maybe Francisco.  But, the other 4 guys wont be anything more than avg. mlb players at most.  What's done is done... let's not worry about players we lost in past trades, and be excited about who we do have now.

Oh, and I'm really glad that we signed Whisler. This guy has 4 quality pitches and is left handed. His only question is putting it all together. He could be really good once we work with him some.

I'm guessing he will go to Great Falls simply because he is still pretty raw for a college player. He seems like he has some high upside though and I wonder if the Sox are actually going to give him some time to DH.

Personally I think its best to let him concentrate on pitching.

I wonder if the Sox are actually going to give him some time to DH.

Personally I think its best to let him concentrate on pitching.

I actually read somewhere that he was gonna DH on days that he didn't pitch, but I, too, would rather have him focus solely on pitching.

Baseball America said his hitting regressed significantly this year, they specifically mentioned his bat speed slowed down, and his only power was to left field (he hits lefthanded).

So I think the Sox like what he can bring as a pitcher and it appears that's where they intend to keep him.

I think its been cool we've been signing so many of our draft picks.

As opposed to what other teams are doing, which is waving their rights to their picks? :lol:

I think in a few years, our minor league system will rival the best honestly,

Didn't we have that once already? Myette, Malone, Guerrier, West, Stumm, Kane, Allen, Ginter, Fogg, Rauch, Diaz, Barcelo, Biddle, Pacheco, Honel, Cotts, Rings, R. Hummel, Bounds, Nanita, King, Almonte, Ring, Valido, Shurnstein, Gonzalez, Rogowski, Leifer, Simmons. Christensen, Abbott, Daellaro, Caruso, Valenzula, Fernandez, Borchard, M. Johnson, Paul, etc......Thanks, but no thanks.

and our minor league teams are gonna be fun to watch.

I don't care how "fun" it is. I care about how many above average ML'ers it produces. Buerhle and Wells mold. Hell, I'll settle for Ordonez and Lee.

Heck, it didn't work out as well, but how cool was it at the beginning of the year to see Sweeney, Anderson, and Nanita in the same outfieldwe haven't seen so many great prospects on one team in a while

Nanita sucks. Sweeney can't hit in A-ball thus far. Anderson needs to show something in AA before we can start talking about him.

Didn't we have that once already? Myette, Malone, Guerrier, West, Stumm, Kane, Allen, Ginter, Fogg, Rauch, Diaz, Barcelo, Biddle, Pacheco, Honel, Cotts, Rings, R. Hummel, Bounds, Naninta, King, Almonte, Ring, Valido, Shurnstein, Gonzalez, Rogowski, Leifer, Simmons. Christensen, Abbott, Valenzula, Fernandez, Borchard, M. Johnson, Paul, etc......Thanks, but no thanks.

Myette - Overrated because of the system

Malone - Injured

West - ...I made him go play football! ;)

Guerrier - See Myette

Stumm - Injuries

Kane - Injuries

Allen - Project

Ginter - Was stupidly converted into a reliever

Fogg - Will be good once converted into a reliever

Rauch - Surgery, still 25

Diaz - Still young

And then you start rattling off names that have NEVER been highly touted (Rick Hummel, Paul, Valenzuela, etc).

Nanita sucks. Sweeney can't hit in A-ball thus far. Anderson needs to show something in AA before we can start talking about him.

Ever seen any of them play? Thought so. Don't say a kid "sucks" after barely a year in professional baseball.

As opposed to what other teams are doing, which is waving their rights to their picks?  :lol:

Didn't we have that once already?    Myette, Malone, Guerrier, West, Stumm, Kane, Allen, Ginter, Fogg, Rauch, Diaz, Barcelo, Biddle, Pacheco, Honel, Cotts, Rings, R. Hummel, Bounds, Nanita, King, Almonte, Ring, Valido, Shurnstein, Gonzalez, Rogowski, Leifer, Simmons. Christensen, Abbott, Daellaro, Caruso, Valenzula, Fernandez, Borchard, M. Johnson, Paul, etc......Thanks, but no thanks.

I don't care how "fun" it is. I care about how many above average ML'ers it produces. Buerhle and Wells mold. Hell, I'll settle for Ordonez and Lee.   

Nanita sucks.  Sweeney can't hit in A-ball thus far. Anderson needs to show something in AA before we can start talking about him.

Brando, you are way too tough on the kids. Give Nanita a chance, I promise you he does not suck. Sweeney I think they pushed to hard. I think Sweeney belongs at Kanny with Nanita. They do not all turn out, but we have some good kids, try to get a bit more positive eh. :-)

plus i said beginning of year...

Well, there are such times that kids go to college instead of staying with their draft position, and with signing valido last year, and signing Gonzales this year, i just thought its cool we were able to keep these kids.