Sup tools

Kempers

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by LDF

but look at what he spent in the bulls. he is willing to pay, i just think that under certain advisement he hasn't done it. i think we have the nucleus to do it now. all we need is a #1 pit. 

Exactly, he isn't afraid to spend money, but he is afraid to lose money. JR would be more then happy to put out a high payroll team if he was getting that money back.

I've always defened JR to a point and still believe if I was in his shoes, I wouldn't just piss away 30 or 40 million a year just so the Sox could maybe compete. I mean just cause you spend 100 million doesn't instantly make you a World Series champ.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn
Originally posted by LDF

but look at what he spent in the bulls. he is willing to pay, i just think that under certain advisement he hasn't done it. i think we have the nucleus to do it now. all we need is a #1 pit. 

Exactly, he isn't afraid to spend money, but he is afraid to lose money. JR would be more then happy to put out a high payroll team if he was getting that money back.

I've always defened JR to a point and still believe if I was in his shoes, I wouldn't just piss away 30 or 40 million a year just so the Sox could maybe compete. I mean just cause you spend 100 million doesn't instantly make you a World Series champ.

exactly and now with the freedom of the fa it would be easy to get the few pieces one may need. we have the core, now lets get the final parts.

I agree, bring in Maddux or Clemens, thats all we need big money wise.  I'd like to see us add a lefthanded reliever, but even that isn't a guarantee cause we could live with keeping Porzio or Wunsch here, although I'd like better.

Don't forget Marte.

Don't worry I didn't.  Marte is likely the closer which means we need one situational lefty, imo.

Ah... I still have the slighest bit of hope that someone in the Sox's front office will look at Foulke's 2nd half stats and realize, "You know, maybe he's not as bad as we all think he is," and then he'll come back next year as the closer.

Of course, this all is too logical for the White Sox.

Originally posted by doubleM23Ah... I still have the slighest bit of hope that someone in the Sox's front office will look at Foulke's 2nd half stats and realize, "You know, maybe he's not as bad as we all think he is," and then he'll come back next year as the closer.

Of course, this all is too logical for the White Sox.

Screw Foulke, he's a choke artist.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

This team is stacked on closers including in AA and AAA . I dont even think Foulke will be in camp next year. 

valentine and almonte... bring em up !!!!!!!!!

Someone just posted, it was like a .29 era after June or July. Thats amazing. Those are numbers we shouldn't complain about, whether he's closing or setting up.

The guy doesn't complain and flat out pitches and has a rubber arm(Knock on Wood). You can never have too many relievers, trust me on that. Look at the Yanks, Angels, Twins, and Mariners last year. They all have strong relief corps.

Someone just posted, it was like a .29 era after June or July.  Thats amazing.  Those are numbers we shouldn't complain about, whether he's closing or setting up.

Yeah, those games didn't matter. When the game is on the line he's bad.

Guest hotsoxchick1

got that kip wells disease....deer in the headlights when the games on the line....

oh heck i said deer in the headlights not a deere with headlights...

Guest hotsoxchick1

umm its easy.. read my lips jason... he sucks and i want him out of here.. hes no good under pressure and he cant go more than 2 innings without his arm falling off.. and if in fact they give into his demands next season and let him be a starter we are in serious trouble.... ill personally go kick kennys ass for that one......lol...lol...see how easy that was to say........:P

Guest hotsoxchick1

last years yeah.. this years though .. well you saw him out there.. .come on not the same keith of old ....the old keith did well under pressure situations.. the new keith we saw this season looked alot like kip wells out there on the mound..... where did you hear that he wasnt going to be a starter ?? the last i read was that they are taking that into consideration in his contract talks......

You don't just lose it mentally. Keith did great the end when he had his few save opportunities as well.

Did people say Rivera lost it after he blew a save last year to finish the world series, heck no.

Sometimes your going to hit a couple week skid, we were just spoiled casue Keith hadn't done it before.

Guest hotsoxchick1

ok call it spoiled.. i still want him out of here and i want valentine and almonte up ......he aint going to be a starter and hes only going to whine about it all next season so better to have him gone then to put up with his s***.....

Guest hotsoxchick1

foulke is whinning now.. and did whine a bit during last season.. he wants to be a starter and i just dont see that happening... he cant do it......im not giving up on porzio yet but ginter can go ......

I'm not saying give up on Porzio, but we give up on one of Wunsch and Porzio.

Foulke may not want to be mid relief, but he isn't fussing about it or asking to be traded. Lets just see what he does. We can't just go out and count on these youngsters in the pen cause if they fail then we would be screwed.

Guest hotsoxchick1

ive already given up on kelly.. ( i do love him dearly but....) as far as foulke goes he did for a stretch whine like a little b**** about being a starter this past season....and enough to make kenny say ok ill consider it.. now if he really is going to or it was just a ploy to shut his ass up i dont know but i will not have it on my team.....:o