T-Mac to leave Magic

Damn, trade him to us for our #3 pick, that would kick ass for the magic to have the #1 and #3 pick in the draft. You might be able to get both Howard and Okafor.  :o

No point in having 2 power forwards, just look at Howard and Gooden this year. I'd want Livingston and Howard if we had those 2 picks, I think he'll prob go to Indiana for Harrington, Tinsley, Bender and their 1st, or the Phoenix deal where we get Marion, Johnson and the #7 pick. ;)

I know the Pacers are front-runners for T-Mac. I've read Ron Artest would most likely be part of the deal; I'd hate to give up Artest and his defense. Hopefully your spin of the deal is the more likely, DBAH0. I just hope it would be some kind of sign and trade. Isn't T-Mac on the final year of his deal?

I know the Pacers are front-runners for T-Mac.  I've read Ron Artest would most likely be part of the deal; I'd hate to give up Artest and his defense.  Hopefully your spin of the deal is the more likely, DBAH0.  I just hope it would be some kind of sign and trade.  Isn't T-Mac on the final year of his deal?

Yeah, now I've heard Weisbrod wants Artest, Harrington, Tinsley, Bender and your 1st round pick. I would be ecstatic to get a deal like that. T-Mac can opt out of his deal next offseason like Kobe has now, it all depends if he's on a winning team I guess. Wouldn't a T-Mac, Jermaine O'Neal combo be nice though. ;)

Oh I'd love it. I think they would both get along. Jermaine O'Neal doesn't need the ball to make this team go as much as the Lakers need their O'Neal to help them to win. I feel T-Mac and JO could really mesh well together. I just don't want to give up TOO MUCH for him. I don't want to give up Artest AND everyone else.

Oh I'd love it.  I think they would both get along.  Jermaine O'Neal doesn't need the ball to make this team go as much as the Lakers need their O'Neal to help them to win.  I feel T-Mac and JO could really mesh well together.  I just don't want to give up TOO MUCH for him.  I don't want to give up Artest AND everyone else.

There's no doubt we'll get Al Harrington and Jamal Tinsley. There's been rumors of us taking Scott Pollard, but I don't really want him at all. Maybe instead of Artest, we can get Fred Jones, but we could also swap our 1st 2nd round pick, for your 1st round pick, so you guys won't hav to give out a guaranteed 3 year contract. ;)

Yeah, now I've heard Weisbrod wants Artest, Harrington, Tinsley, Bender and your 1st round pick.

I wouldn't trade Ron Artest straight up for Tracy McGrady. ;)

Defensive player of the year? That's like the equivalent of the Cy Young award in baseball. Wouldn't you agree? And who trades a Cy Young award winner for a Manny Ramirez or Jim Thome? I swear, that has to be by far the dumbest trade rumor that I have ever heard.

From the Indy Star:

McGrady not likely headed to Pacers

Houston appears to be the front-runner to acquire the Magic star before NBA draft.

By Mark Montieth

A trade involving Orlando guard Tracy McGrady appears imminent, but the Indiana Pacers don't appear to be his likeliest destination.

Pacers CEO Donnie Walsh said Saturday he has not talked with Magic general manager John Weisbrod since early last week, and that no formal offer has been made.

"If there's going to be interest in doing a deal with us, he's going to get back to me," Walsh said of Weisbrod. "He hasn't done that. I don't know where it stands."

McGrady, according to newspaper reports out of Orlando, told Magic owner Rich DeVos on Friday he wants to be traded. Weisbrod said he has been in constant communication with McGrady's agent, Arn Tellem, and indicated he expects to have a deal -- at least orally -- before Thursday's NBA draft.

Orlando, which finished with a league-worst 21-61 record last season, has the No. 1 pick.

McGrady has stated various preferences in recent weeks, but the current consensus within the league is that he's most likely to go to Houston.

Rockets point guard Steve Francis and coach Jeff Van Gundy were at odds last season, and McGrady has stated a desire to play with Houston's Yao Ming.

Any trade involving Francis would likely be made after July 1, when he loses his base-year compensation status that reduces his trade value to half of his $12.3 million salary for next season. The Magic and Rockets, however, could agree on a deal before then.

McGrady also has expressed a desire to play for San Antonio and the Los Angeles Lakers, and mentioned interest in the Pacers and Detroit when those two teams met in the Eastern Conference finals. Saturday, he told a Florida Today reporter he and Shaquille O'Neal are attempting to work trades that would unite them in Dallas.

"The kid's been all over the board emotionally," Weisbrod told Orlando reporters Saturday. "He's a little inconsistent but that's pretty understandable. Arn's job is to sort of stay close to him and make sure he's representing however (McGrady) feels that day."

McGrady has some control over his future because he can opt out of his contract after next season. The Magic want to trade him now so they don't risk losing him without getting anything in return, as happened with O'Neal in 1996. If the Magic offer a trade that doesn't appeal to him, he could opt out after next season and become a free agent. Any team that trades for him will want assurances that he will re-sign next year.

Tellem also represents the Pacers' Jermaine O'Neal and Reggie Miller.

Various trade packages between the Pacers and Magic have been rumored, although most of them could not be done within NBA rules that require all traded players' salaries to match within 15 percent plus $100,000.

McGrady will be paid $14.5 million next season. The Pacers mentioned most prominently in rumors are Al Harrington ($6.3 million), Jonathan Bender ($6.5 million) and Ron Artest ($6.2 million). Jeff Foster ($4.5 million) and Jamaal Tinsley ($1.5 million) also have been mentioned.

Walsh, however, moved to downplay the rumors.

"It isn't the players mentioned in these accounts," he said. "That's not the correct group of players."

Harrington appears to be the most likely Pacer to be included in a trade because of his desire for more playing time and a greater role in the offense. He said Saturday he has heard nothing about the possibility of being traded to Orlando, and has in fact cooled on the desire to be traded that he expressed to team president Larry Bird after the Pacers lost to Detroit in the conference finals.

I wouldn't trade Ron Artest straight up for Tracy McGrady. ;)

Defensive player of the year?  That's like the equivalent of the Cy Young award in baseball.  Wouldn't you agree?  And who trades a Cy Young award winner for a Manny Ramirez or Jim Thome?  I swear, that has to be by far the dumbest trade rumor that I have ever heard.

I agree. No way the Pacers give so much for TMac. Wow, thats so unrealistic. No way Artest is part of the deal, and if he is, the Magic won't be getting too much more after him. I could see their first pick included too if its Artest, Harrington, Tinsley, Bender, and their number 1 pick. Wow, that's just silly, I'm sorry.

Damn, trade him to us for our #3 pick, that would kick ass for the magic to have the #1 and #3 pick in the draft. You might be able to get both Howard and Okafor.  :o

Bulls are going to get Deng, just what they need another High Schooler...

well its looking like a horrible start to the offseason now for us. Franchise is crying wolf that he DOES NOT want to play in Orlando, but I keep hearing the trade is going to happen anyway after the expansion draft. So what we take a unhappy franchise?

We better not f'n pass up drafting okafor or this will be the worst season ever followed by the worst offseason ever.