Here comes Crede

aboz56

For all of the negative comments about Crede on this board over the past few months, this guy is starting to make a statement on the type of player I think he will be down the stretch for us this year.

Check out these solid June numbers for Joe:

Crede's June thus far:

.320 avg, 2 HR, 7 RBI, 7 doubles, 1.004 OPS

Gotta like that OPS and he's getting the average on the season up as well.

Put me on the board as selecting Crede as my favorite Sox player not named Buehrle.

For all of the negative comments about Crede on this board over the past few months, this guy is starting to make a statement on the type of player I think he will be down the stretch for us this year.

Crede's June thus far:

Put me on the board as selecting Crede as my favorite Sox player not named Buehrle.

I never slammed Crede because I knew he was going to come around and I am feeling some vindication here. He's got a long way to go to be sure but I like where he's heading.

Crede's June thus far:

2003:

April: .233 BA; 1 HR; 13 RBI; .575 OPS

May: .209 BA; 3 HR; 8 RBI; .602 OPS

June: .244 BA; 3 HR; 11 RBI; .666 OPS

July: .244 BA; 4 HR; 12 RBI; .772 OPS

August: .352 BA; 7 HR; 18 RBI; 1.051 OPS

Sept: .280 BA; 1 HR; 13 RBI; .761

So it is obvious he is not a spring performer.

Crede's June thus far:

i've poked fun at joe for his early season failings. you know he is going good when he is hitting line shots to lf and rf gaps. when he tries to pull everything with that uppercut swing he will struggle. hopefully for the sox's sake he will continue staying on the ball and driving it to the gaps.

Crede will be fine.

I will consider him batting .250 at the end of the year a success considering how bad he started and also the tough position he plays.

Of course for that to be acceptable he has to hit at least 20 HR's and drive in at least 70+ RBI's.

He can do it though.... :notworthy

The key with Joe is when he's on, he can hit RHP and LHP equally well. A few games back he hit a nasty pitcher's pitch breaking ball on the outside corner and served it into RF for a single.

When he's cold though, Joe's 3 pitches and out.

I'm glad he's heating up. The Sox need him driving in runs at the bottom of the order.

I never slammed Crede because I knew he was going to come around and I am feeling some vindication here.  He's got a long way to go to be sure but I like where he's heading.

I'm right there with you. Crede will have decent numbers by seasons end.

Joe is doing a solid job this year.

I think he's had some trouble adjusting to the pitching over the past two years because look at his walk totals over the course of his career. Very poor walk to strikeout ratio.

It seems more like Joe is seeing the ball better now.

His previous month high for walks was 11 back in July of 2003. Right now he has 9 walks on June 19th. Let's see if Joe can break that total because Joe should be averaging 10-15 walks a month.

As long as Joe concentrates on staying on top of the ball, driving it, and seeing the ball better, he'll have a successful season.

He sees JF being drafted and better get it in gear.

Yeah, maybe in like three years from now. :rolleyes:

Nobody is thinking about Josh Fields, man. The vast majority of position players drafted out of college need at least three years.

And put me down as one of those who never criticized Crede. I can't remember the last time I had crow on my plate. ;)

Yeah, maybe in like three years from now. :rolleyes:

Nobody is thinking about Josh Fields, man.  The vast majority of position players drafted out of college need at least three years.

And put me down as one of those who never criticized Crede.  I can't remember the last time I had crow on my plate. ;)

That is my point he is not automatically the 10 to 12 yr 3rd baseman of the future like a couple of years ago, or JF would of not been drafted. JC = trade bait down road. I like Crede but there always become a point were potential is not achieved.

That is my point he is not automatically the 10 to 12 yr 3rd baseman of the future like a couple of years ago, or JF would of not been drafted. JC = trade bait down road. I like Crede but there always become a point were potential is not achieved.

But it's like this. Every team can afford up to two easy outs in the batting order if those players save runs via defense. When Joe hits, it's only a bonus, and not necessarily a necessity (kick ass phrase right there).

And as far as drafting Fields is concerned, I think that ChiSoxFn said it best: It was a talent pick, and the possiblity of organizational depth at that position was a secondary factor. Just remember that most 3rd basemen can also play the corner outfield slots & 1st base. If Carlos Lee can do it, anyone can.