Another CF possibility for the Sox?

beck72

If this trade happened (but it won't), I'd try to get Josh Hamilton too. Now, I know y'all who are familiar w/ Hamilton are about to rip into me for suggesting this, but after reading an article about him from the new edition of ESPN the magazine, I really like this guy. He just made a few mistakes, which cost him big time. But, it seems like he's really turned his life around, and will be a really good major leaguer when it's all said and done.

If this trade happened (but it won't), I'd try to get Josh Hamilton too.  Now, I know y'all who are familiar w/ Hamilton are about to rip into me for suggesting this, but after reading an article about him from the new edition of ESPN the magazine, I really like this guy.  He just made a few mistakes, which cost him big time.  But, it seems like he's really turned his life around, and will be a really good major leaguer when it's all said and done.

What is Josh addicted to? Ecstacy?

He belongs in Yankee pinstripes. For all of their glamour and glitz, they like the crackheads over there, what with Strawberry, Gooden, Howe, etc just to name a few. Gary Sheffield has to be on something (in addition to steroids, that is).

Carl is on pace for around 70 stolen bases.  He's an outstanding defensive player.  He's only 22 years old.  And yet, all that we have to do is give up Reed and a prospect? 

We're not Cubs fans, people.  Let's put a halt to these retarded trade rumors.

I agree. I would love Carl, but its unrealistic.

let me rephrase that...

personally, i feel that a team can never have enough head cases in the minor leagues...

Haha, there is actually an edit button for your posts for when you make a mistake you want to fix.

Now, I would take Hamilton if it got us Crawford. I would take him for cheap also. He has a ton of talent, but also has had some major issues. His mind may never be back to the way it was when he first started in the minors. We could always give it a shot, but its a question mark in my book. I would take him though.

This whole conversation is idiotic becuase he isn't even a centerfielder. From both sides of town people keep saying they should get him and add him to CF. He has only played 13 MLB games in CF. Just because he has speed and can steal bases does not mean he can play CF. s***, Rickey Henderdson is a pretty good example of that. If I am trading Jeremy Reed or any other top prospect then I am getting a player to play the position I need him to play. Plus, as it has been brought up by others, why the hell would TB trade him? There is no reason what so ever that I can think of.

Carl is on pace for around 70 stolen bases.  He's an outstanding defensive player.  He's only 22 years old.  And yet, all that we have to do is give up Reed and a prospect? 

We're not Cubs fans, people.  Let's put a halt to these retarded trade rumors.

Take the time to actually read something before you post. The Philly paper was the one that reported Crawford was available. The link was in the first post.

If Philly believes they could get Crawford for Marlon Byrd and Vincente Padilla, Reed + could get something done.

Crawford has speed and defense, sure. But with only a .400 SLG % in the minors, and not a great OBP, [100 BB's / 300K's, in 1700+ AB] they may be looking for more pop and consistency.

A sure thing [such as it may be] in Reed, may be more to their liking, esp if they keep Baldelli and Huff long term.

Take the time to actually read something before you post. The Philly paper was the one that reported Crawford was available. The link was in the first post.

I think this post is what they would refer to as a momentary lapse of reason, because I've come to expect better from you. :D

I think it's obvious that I was talking about White Sox fans in general having a discussion about something that is asinine. What are you talking about? You think that I was somehow taking shots at you? :huh

It's outrageously stupid to think that we could get Crawford for Reed and a prospect. I don't care what the Philadelphia papers are reporting. Byrd and Padilla? That's pretty far-fetched as well, but at least an experienced starting pitcher is involved. Now, Reed and Garland might get it done, but we don't want to trade Garland. :nono

Why would TB want to trade Crawford anyways? They're on a 9 game winning streak and thing are goin very nicely for them. I hope they are able to build a new stadium down there so that they can keep this young core in tact for a few more years yet. :)

I think this post is what they would refer to as a momentary lapse of reason, because I've come to expect better from you. :D

I think it's obvious that I was talking about White Sox fans in general having a discussion about something that is asinine.  What are you talking about?  You think that I was somehow taking shots at you? :huh

It's outrageously stupid to think that we could get Crawford for Reed and a prospect.  I don't care what the Philadelphia papers are reporting.  Byrd and Padilla?  That's pretty far-fetched as well, but at least an experienced starting pitcher is involved.  Now, Reed and Garland might get it done, but we don't want to trade Garland. :nono

"Retarded" thread or not, the paper reported Crawford as being possibly available, for talent that the Sox could match in Byrd and Padilla. Not me on some whimsical trade thread that popped into my head.

Reed plus a few prospects could get it done. I compared this to the Sexton trade where Milw. got mulitiple players in return.

IMO, there are always people who think it's their duty to swat flies hovering around a s*** pile. Instead of swatting flies, these people should just stay away from the s*** pile.

TB may trade Crawford because they can't sign Huff, Baldelli and him to big contracts, or pay big raises in arbitration. With SS BJ Upton and OF Joey Gathwright nearing the bigs, they could use some young players to come up with them.

With Crawford and Baldelli essentially the same players [short on power, with speed, low OBP, high SO's] one of the two could go. A consistent bat who can get on base or has power, along with pitching could put TB in decent shape in the coming years.

Milw.'s Sexton trade is the blueprint for low payroll teams to get better in a hurry. A crawford trade would be similar for TB.

The question is, is Crawford worth that type of investment in players? For some teams, no. For the Sox, probably.