NL Central Poll

Who do you think will win the NL Central  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the NL Central

• Cardinals
    • Reds
    • Cubs
    • Astros

I figure that the Brewers are still a year away from making a serious push, and the Pirates are still missing a few pieces. So the other four are left as serious contenders.

Cardinals: They are being carried by their enormous offense, and they have gotten solid pitching. However with guys like Suppan, Williams, and Carpenter the bottom could fall out at any time. The bullpen is no sure thing.

Reds: They have some serious power, but they don't have much at the top of the order. Graves is solid in the pen, and Wilson has been an ace in that rotation, but I don't see how they can last without pulling off a deal. One of the younger pitchers is going to have to step up big time if they want to be in contention come September.

Cubs: Scary pitching, and a solid offense. So far they haven't been able to blend the two. But if they do...watch out.

Astros: Veteran lineup, and an excellent staff. For some reason they just haven't clicked. Roger has been dominating in all but 1 or 2 starts, but Pettite hasn't been able to stay healthy, and the incumbents have been wildly inconsistent. The bullpen hasn't been as solid as people were expecting either. Williams has to go.

I think the Cardinals will pull it out.

I enjoy rooting for the underdog, so I would love to see the Reds win the NL Central. I think it would be cool to see them pull it out after "the experts" thought there would be a tight race between the Cubs and Astros, and the Cards being close behind. I don't think they can do it, unless they get another starting pitcher. So I'll say the next best thing will win it, the Cards.

I enjoy rooting for the underdog, so I would love to see the Reds win the NL Central.  I think it would be cool to see them pull it out after "the experts" thought there would be a tight race between the Cubs and Astros, and the Cards being close behind.  I don't think they can do it, unless they get another starting pitcher.  So I'll say the next best thing will win it, the Cards.

To be honest with you, I thought the Cardinals would struggle for .500 this year. Instead, barring injuries, they might win 95 games. I don't think anyone saw their pitching staff performing this well. I just hope it holds up.

I cant beleive im the only one that said the cubs, these guys are scary, they played without Prior, Wood, Sosa, Grudzelonik and some bullpen guys (remlinger, dempster) and are 3 games out of first place. Now that most of those guys are back this team is gunna be good. :(

The Cubs will win the NL Central.

They've hung around with extended injuries to many key players.

Their pitching is solid and only going to improve when Ryan Dempster is ready to contribute.

They have a LOT of major and minor-league trade bait for the things they could use ( offensive SS, upgrade in CF, another middle reliever and/or closer ). Hendry has done a really good job of identifying needs and acquiring good players to fill the holes.

Like it or not, and I KNOW a lot of people here don't like it, the Cubs are a scary team if and when they all get healthy.

The Cubs will win the NL Central.

They've hung around with extended injuries to many key players.

Their pitching is solid and only going to improve when Ryan Dempster is ready to contribute.

They have a LOT of major and minor-league trade bait for the things they could use ( offensive SS, upgrade in CF, another middle reliever and/or closer ). Hendry has done a really good job of identifying needs and acquiring good players to fill the holes.

Like it or not, and I KNOW a lot of people here don't like it, the Cubs are a scary team if and when they all get healthy.

Ryan Dempster? lol

I have no doubt in my mind the Cubs will win it.

That lineup, when healthy, is a very formidable lineup and can put up numbers in a hurry. Their pitching staff is top 2 in the majors(right there with Florida's...don't ask me whose's is better, cuz I don't know), and, assuming they add a bullpen piece or two(and I have no doubt they will), they are nearly unstoppable. A rotation of Prior-Wood-Zambrano-Maddux-Clement is as unfair as Beckett-Penny-Willie-Pavano-Burnett

I don't want it to happen, but I'm afraid it will. The Cards don't have the pitching, neither do the Reds, and I just don't see the Astros doing it.

Ryan Dempster?  lol

Go ahead and laugh.

He'll return ahead of schedule, pitch well enough out of the bullpen to convince some GM that he can help them, and the Cubs will package him in a deal to get what they need.

It's call "low-risk, high-return", and it's funniest to the team who reaps the benefits.

I picked Cardinals since they are the team to beat and are unstoppable

The Cardinals still need 1 more quality starter to get over the hump. The Slubs r lookin good right now. I'm still stickin with the Astro's to win the division. They were my pick before the season and will be my pick till it's over.