Rauch gets 5th starter nod (again)

Xero

The Schoeneweis quotes in today's paper are revealing.  SS tells Rauch to admit his mistake, own up to it, and don't blame anyone else.  Konerko and Valentin have made similar comments.

I just don't understand this. Let it go.. and if you can't tell him to his face what you think he should do. But noooooo.... tell the media. Geezus effin crap... sometimes I wish these guys would keep their damn mouths shut. :banghead

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't understand this. Let it go.. and if you can't tell him to his face what you think he should do. But noooooo.... tell the media. Geezus effin crap... sometimes I wish these guys would keep their damn mouths shut. :banghead

agreed (and how did the tests go Friday?)

They don't really have any other choices than Rauch.  Stats-wise he was clearly the best at Charlotte.  With KW being unable to pull off a trade, it's Rauch.

The Schoeneweis quotes in today's paper are revealing.  SS tells Rauch to admit his mistake, own up to it, and don't blame anyone else.  Konerko and Valentin have made similar comments.

Even with the resident anti-KW theorist on the other board claiming this was all KW's fault, the players are stating otherwise.

Hmmmm ... who to believe?  :rolleyes:

If Rauch makes his statement on the field, I will be happy.

If Rauch makes his statement on the field, I will be happy.

What..

Do a Gehrig impersonation?

"Today. (today) I consider myself (myself) the luckiest man on the face of the earth." "Thank you White Sox fans, players and management for allowing me to pitch for you."

Yeah right, like that makes sense.

What..

Do a Gehrig impersonation?

"Today. (today) I consider myself (myself) the luckiest man on the face of the earth." "Thank you White Sox fans, players and management for allowing me to pitch for you."

Yeah right, like that makes sense.

hmm...I am not sure if that was a joke or if you misunderstood what I said.

By making a statement I meant playing well. Do his talking with his arm, not make a speech, lol.

Here's a thought. Why not bring up the next candidate a few days early, let him get comfortable with his surroundings, with his teamates?

Maybe KW, OZ, Coop, think that will help Rauch.

That is what I thought...

Unless they are Bonds of course.

Too soon? :D

Rauch..sheesh can't the Sox possibly do better than this guy. How many times does he have to prove he can't pitch in the majors.

No they cannot. At least a few more. He's got too many tools to give up on. But he's getting close.

I'd like to see Diaz given another shot, on normal rest rather then him resting 10 days before a start, or three days before his second start.

He wasn't awful, he just threw too many strikes, which was a problem. He also left his changeup up in the zone, and you can't get away with that in the bigs.

Best of luck to Rauch. Five to six innings, four runs or less. Is that too friggin' much to ask?

Was Rauch's "5th starter nod" less of a nod and more of a KW crow eating contest?

I am just hoping Rauch and KW have ironed out their disagreements/misunderstandings. We have all heard the saying about how the best sex is make-up sex. Now, I am not saying Rauch and KW - well, uh, you know - but perhaps after settling this Rauch will feel comfortable and pitch better then he ever has previously.

I know Rex had some doubts as to whether Rauch would be a starter or not. Here is an article saying Rauch is scheduled to start Thursday,

That's not what I said.... I said he was not called up the other day just so he could start 4 days later. I also said that he may end up starting. But the timing of his call up was so that he could provide help out of the pen if needed. The Sox bullpen was depleted and they needed someone to give them a few innings if needed. If that were not the case, they would have waited to call him up after they returned to Chicago from Montreal.

It's just common sense boys.....

That's not what I said....  I said he was not called up the other day just so he could start 4 days later.  I also said that he may end up starting.  But the timing of his call up was so that he could provide help out of the pen if needed.  The Sox bullpen was depleted and they needed someone to give them a few innings if needed.  If that were not the case, they would have waited to call him up after they returned to Chicago from Montreal.

It's just common sense boys.....

I'm not doubting you. I'm just reporting facts. :)