EBay Scam Backfired

Wise Master Buehrle

Hahaha, I saw this on Fark a while ago.  The photos of what he sent the guy are hilarious.

Yeah they are. I love how the keyboard is all goofy.

And for some reason I laughed for awhile when he crossed out the Windows sign on the windows button and drew in what's on the Mac computers.

MetalliSox, not really.

Yeah they are. I love how the keyboard is all goofy.

And for some reason I laughed for awhile when he crossed out the Windows sign on the windows button and drew in what's on the Mac computers.

MetalliSox, not really.

The crossed out WIN keys and scrawled in mac stuff is great, and the "Fire Wire!" and other touches are great. One of the London insiders needs to go in for a haircut and say "P-P-P-Powerbook" or something and see what kind of response they get.

Just imagine if all of us wasting time in cyberspace actually decided to be productive citizens...? Nah, it'll never happen. :P

Summary:

Guy named Jeff wants to sell a brand new Apple Powerbook on Ebay. Some guy from London makes the highest bid and asks Jeff to use a certain escrow service. Upon closer inspection, the escrow website is a fraud. So, Jeff and people on his forum take a 3-ring binder and dress it up with markers and crayons to look like a laptop. The top says P-P-P-Powerbook! He sends the P-P-P-Powerbook! to London via FedEx with an estimated value of $2000 (meaning the scammer will have to pay $270 in customs fees to pick it up).

A whole bunch of crazy events happen where the package seems lost and the scammer gives him fake information and blah blah blah.

Some British guys who are on the forum and live in London actually camp out the address where it is to be delivered and check out what's going on.

In the end, the scammer sends Jeff a virus in an email.