9.11 committee report

My brother printed out all 600+ pages of the thing, and is reading it. I am way too lazy to read all the testimony and 'expert' analysis, so I skipped to the summary hearings, which are pretty much basic overviews of the different things learned.

I especially enjoyed the history of al-Queda summary. I found it interesting to see how one man was basically able to make a multi-million dollar terror industry because of a backwards Sudanese government. I always thought that Bin-Laden funded some things with his own inheritance, however according to the committee he only recieved about $1 million a year until his assets were frozen in Saudi Arabia.

Of course the planning of 9.11 was an interesting read. There was already one thread here that talked about the plan to crash planes all over the united states. The most important finding, imo, was that no conclusive evidence was found linking any hijackers to Iraq. In the hundreds of pages of testimony, one witness did say that a bank account the terrorists used to get ID's in Kuwait was paid for by someone or something in Iraq, but the committee did not believe this to be conclusive evidence.

The hijackers were terrible drivers...2 recieved speeding tickets (including one on the night of sept. 10) and another was involved in a car accident on the George Washington Bridge in NYC.

I really suggest reading the summaries, they are pretty damn informative. The rest of the hearings are just pretty damn long.

Where is this avaliable?

bin Laden is a genius. There's no way around it. Building up an organization like that from nothing is truly both amazing and horrifying.

no offense, with 1 million bucks a year, I could finance a better business than bin laden. He basically takes out of work and hopeless individuals and then persuades them to believe that "The Man" is actually "The aMericANs"... And where is the bottom line? basically the dude runs a non-profit extremist bible camp. Sans Jesus, though.

What I will admit is interesting, is that fact that Mosques around the world were/are used as recruitment centers for Jihad. But, to call Bin laden a genius? I prefer to liken him to a supervillian. I can respect and appreciate Einstein, Batman, or David Hasselhoff...but Bin laden? Hitler? the beatles?

believe you me, the answer is NO.

Where is this avaliable?

bin Laden is a genius. There's no way around it. Building up an organization like that from nothing is truly both amazing and horrifying.

I am not sure where online my brother got it. I would browse the various government access sites.

no offense, with 1 million bucks a year, I could finance a better business than bin laden.

Well I forgot the numbers of how much 9.11 cost but it was very expensive as were most Al-Queda campaigns pre-afghan war. Now the report describes al-queda as lacking central power, but not lacking recruits and rogue cells. So the cells act alone and do not use the pricey plans of before.

bin laden set up various businesses in Sudan to bring in money, and charities also provided al-queda with money, most of the charities have been rooted out. Anti-drug commercials say drugs fund terrorists, but the report says no link between drugs and al-queda has been discovered.