Expansion draft is tomorrow

i've never paid attention to the expansion drafts before. do the bobcats people just simply tell the nba the guys they want from the list and its done?

That's what they did with Toronto and Vancouver, but there is only one team now. I remember when B.J. Armstrong was the first pick of the expansion draft. :lol:

Each team can protect up to 8 players/restricted free agents

Charlotte must select at least 14 players

No team can lose more than one player

If Charlotte selects a restricted FA, then the player becomes an UFA

No one drafted by Charlotte can be traded back to their original team for one whole year unless that player passes through waivers unclaimed

Then there are a couple cap issues i dont remember, but thats basically the gist of it

Each team can protect up to 8 players/restricted free agents

Charlotte must select at least 14 players

No team can lose more than one player

If Charlotte selects a restricted FA, then the player becomes an UFA

No one drafted by Charlotte can be traded back to their original team for one whole year unless that player passes through waivers unclaimed

Then there are a couple cap issues i dont remember, but thats basically the gist of it

thanks chisox... :cheers

None of our players will likely be selected due to contractual issues.

True, I also heard on one of the Sport Talk shows that, the bobcats are likely only to select a few player, through some sort of loophole, so that they can be able to be players on the free agent market. They wouldn't be much of a player this season, but figure to have the most cap space available next season.

I don't understand the specifics of it. Just repeating what I heard.

True, I also heard on one of the Sport Talk shows that, the bobcats are likely only to select a few player, through some sort of loophole, so that they can be able to be players on the free agent market. They wouldn't be much of a player this season, but figure to have the most cap space available next season.

I don't understand the specifics of it. Just repeating what I heard.

Any restricted free agents they draft e.g Ronald Dupree, automatically become unrestricted free agents, except they can't sign with their original team.