HSC...you'll like this

witesoxfan

and jimenez, who the hell cares.. i wasnt all that impressed with him anyhow

His OBP was .384 (in limited time, yes - but that's pretty darned good). Over a full season, that would lead to about 120 or 130 runs with the guys he's got hitting behind him. That's nothing to turn your nose up to.

Guest hotsoxchick1
and jimenez, who the hell cares.. i wasnt all that impressed with him anyhow

His OBP was .384 (in limited time, yes - but that's pretty darned good). Over a full season, that would lead to about 120 or 130 runs with the guys he's got hitting behind him. That's nothing to turn your nose up to.

yeah well.... with mr. fumble fingers jimenez at 2nd and jose at ss were in dire straights i think... i imagine the amount of balls hit to mid infield will skyrocket now... espically since everyone knows neither one can catch to save their asses..........jimenez is starting to look like that yard gnome we have in lf....maybe we can sell them as bookends????? :D

Holy crap....if we wanted to, we could get Beltran from KC easily....I know it's a little off-topic...but I promise to get somewhat back on topic shortly.

OK, if Jimenez keeps playing crappy defense....we could make a trade of, say, Lee, Jimenez, Hummel, and maybe a pitching prospect or two that only has a small chance of being any good(like Adkins and/or Ginter). In return, we get Beltran....who plays CF for us and Rowand moves over to LF(keeping him in the everyday lineup). This move also improves our outfield's defense tremendously, giving us much more range than the lawn gnome in LF and Beltran in CF. Miles than takes over 2B and we are set.

Our lineup is...

Miles

Valentin

Thomas

Ordonez

Beltran

Konerko

Crede

Rowand

Olivo

Or something to that extent

Just a thought to get the time moving a little faster....we lose some OBP with the departure of CLee....but we get an increase in team speed(slightly), better defense in the outfield and smarter baserunners....or in other words, we are a better fundamental team.

Holy crap....if we wanted to, we could get Beltran from KC easily....I know it's a little off-topic...but I promise to get somewhat back on topic shortly.

OK, if Jimenez keeps playing crappy defense....we could make a trade of, say, Lee, Jimenez, Hummel, and maybe a pitching prospect or two that only has a small chance of being any good(like Adkins and/or Ginter).  In return, we get Beltran....who plays CF for us and Rowand moves over to LF(keeping him in the everyday lineup).  This move also improves our outfield's defense tremendously, giving us much more range than the lawn gnome in LF and Beltran in CF.  Miles than takes over 2B and we are set.

Our lineup is...

Miles

Valentin

Thomas

Ordonez

Beltran

Konerko

Crede

Rowand

Olivo

Or something to that extent

Just a thought to get the time moving a little faster....we lose some OBP with the departure of CLee....but we get an increase in team speed(slightly), better defense in the outfield and smarter baserunners....or in other words, we are a better fundamental team.

If we got Carlos Beltran, he could hit lead-off for us. But, I don't think it would require all those guys to get him. Probably just Lee and someone like Hummel. Then we could throw Beltran in CF or LF (depending on JM's mood) and keep Jiminez at 2B. D'Angelo may not have proven much yet over a full season, but until Miles gets some PT at the major league level, it's ridiculous to suggest he should move into the starting role just like that.

Beltran's a 30 SB guy, and would score a ton of runs for the Sox. We'll have to see what develops.

BTW, D'Angelo made 2 errors for us last season in around 25 games. Projected out to a full year, that's less than 14. That is not as crappy as you're making it sound. Also, he was jumping from 2B to SS to 3B last year, so that probably added that 2nd error to his total.

Clujer...I'm sure that'd work too....but you must consider who our GM is. He tends to overpay a little bit, and if Hummel were to be a 3Bman for KC, and they want a 2Bman too....and other than Jimenez, we don't have much to offer.

And consider the fact that both Jimenez and Miles have very little major league experience...and in the end, I'm fine with the deal. We have Harris and Graffy that I could deal with if necessary because Miles sucked...we could use Jorge Nunez if necessary....or KW could trade for someone. It would all work out in the end.

Ive been hearing good things from this guy.  BUT....we need SPEED off the bench.    Does he compare to Eckstein as a base-stealing threat? If he does...i say send South-Side Willie down to AA, and keep this guy.

Hey Hangar!! Welcome :D

Ive been hearing good things from this guy.  BUT....we need SPEED off the bench.    Does he compare to Eckstein as a base-stealing threat? If he does...i say send South-Side Willie down to AA, and keep this guy.

Harris is a backup CFer....with Rios as the 5th in that case. Harris should be guaranteed a spot out of ST on the bench....and no, Miles speed does not compare to Harris's....then again, not many people in the organization can be compared to Harris, speed-wise....if he had a .360 OBP, he could steal a lot of bases.....possibly 50+