Kerry's Vice President...

Be Good

Sorry, but Powell needs to be President to be good for America. I still want to see that man in office before I die though, as I think many people still do.

You want to know why that won't happen? The Dems will, as they pretty much already have, paint him as an Uncle Tom. His "own people" would be the destruction of him.

Unfortunately, it won't happen.

Too much backward thinking in this country, if you know what I mean.  And, it's a sad testimony because we are not nearly as far as people would want you to believe in those situations.

I know. There is always the fear that would be the next assassination of a President if it ever did happen. But I think people will be surprised. I mean, if we had somehow gotten him onto W. Bush's ticket, I would bet that Bush would be shot down just in hopes that Powell could take over and right the ship. :o

***Dear Secret Service, that was sarcasm and humor. Please don't come and kick my ass.***

And as one of the few "pacifists" in the Bush administration, I don't think he's questioning Israel defending itself, more the timing because it kills any hope for a deal.

Everyone else (including Bush the idiot) knows that you cannot negotiate peace with a terrorist (Arafat)!

Sorry, but Powell needs to be President to be good for America. I still want to see that man in office before I die though, as I think many people still do.

No effin way do I want the man responsible for teaching Michael Powell right from wrong leading this country.

Powell helped to cover up My Lai. He's also, as Steff pointed out, the guy who fathered the head of the Uber-Nanny Association, the FCC. Also, Powell was quoted as saying on Feb. 5 when he was to read the UN speech condemning Iraq that "I'm not reading this. This is bulls***." and yet he read it anyway.

A corrupt piece of trash. Thanks. We've already had enough of those in power from both parties.

Apu, is your quote one said by Dr. Gonzo? Kind of funny to see him of all people speaking of law and order if it was. Also kind of funny just to see a line about law and order anywhere near that man. And before we get all defensive, my last serious band was named "Fear And Loathing", and my gift to my best man at my wedding was a Zippo lighter engraved to Dr. Gonzo.

Just been a loooooonnnnnnng time since I have read his works.

Apu, is your quote one said by Dr. Gonzo? Kind of funny to see him of all people speaking of law and order if it was. Also kind of funny just to see a line about law and order anywhere near that man. And before we get all defensive, my last serious band was named "Fear And Loathing", and my gift to my best man at my wedding was a Zippo lighter engraved to Dr. Gonzo.

Just been a loooooonnnnnnng time since I have read his works.

Yeah, it's a quote from HST. It was after there was a sexual harassment suit filed against him in 1990. The suit was dismissed because there was no evidence of it and all the evidence proved that the woman who brought the charges lied. It's in his book "Kingdom of Fear".

Then he formed the 4th Amendment Foundation to protect people from illegal searches because they tore apart his place looking for evidence and found nothing for 26 hours. He's also gotten involved in a case of a woman in CO that's been in prison because her boyfriend was stopped by a cop, then the boyfriend pulls a gun and blows the cop's brains out, then shoots himself. She had no prior knowledge and they charged her with being a felony for killing the cop due to state statutes.

His stuff is really good. I'm reading "Generation of Swine" right now and just finished "The Rum Diary". All really kick ass stuff.

As for the VP question, Kerry needs Dean or Edwards as his choice.