Selling a home question

Steff

Is this your primary residence? Are you buying another or taking the profit? Watch the tax implications also.

I'm good on the tax stuff. I was this/close to being a Tax accountant.. thank God I overslept the day of the CPA test.. :lol:

I would charge you $400...IF I can do the Title work as well.

I have been doing RE Closings since 1991, graduated from IIT Chicago-Kent in 1990.

I sent you a PM. Jim has a friend who he called first. But I appreciate the offer. Thanks!

Ive known a few who tried it, and ALL of them gave up and wound up listing it with an agent.

Kap may know better than I, but I thought it was NOT OK to have the same attorney.

The main problem with selling by owner is that to do it right, you spend as much on advertising as you would give to a realtor.  You're not in the MLS system when you sell by owner, so you have to market the house extra hard to get people to find it.  IMHO, I don't think it's worth it.

Bingo! We tried it when we were selling in Lake in the Hills and we hardly got any traffic. We have sold two houses since with a realtor, the last one selling 2 days after being listed. Save yourself the headache and go with a realtor. Make sure though that it's an agent you like.

LMAO.

Taxes suck.  I just do consulting work.  ;)

I do too, but just 3 months a year. And I hate it so I charge and insane amount per hour. I started 4 years ago with about a dozen clients.. every year since I've gotten 5 or 6 more. This year I had 36 clients. Nice change.. but it's a hassle. Next year I am only taking on 20.