Should KW be looking for TWO starting pitchers??

RibbieRubarb

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to state, No; because any oppurtunity we have to improve we should. However, Schoenwies is pitching at the caliber of a fourth or fifth starter and frankly has still been better than expected. Our offense needs to start supporting Garland and Scott because both have pitched better than their record indicates.

If we get a legitimate 1, 2, or 3 starter, that pushes Garland and Schowey down a notch where they probably belong in a perfect world.

I don't want to state, No; because any oppurtunity we have to improve we should.  However, Schoenwies is pitching at the caliber of a fourth or fifth starter and frankly has still been better than expected.  Our offense needs to start supporting Garland and Scott because both have pitched better than their record indicates.

If we get a legitimate 1, 2, or 3 starter, that pushes Garland and Schowey down a notch where they probably belong in a perfect world.

Agreed. Scott settled down nicely after that first inning. It wasn't a great outing, but considering his defense let him down for that fourth run, it wasn't a terrible outing either.

Question: Are we in it?

We're only two games out. If you need hope, just look at what they've done on the other side of town. Two weeks ago Cubs fans hit the panic alarm just about. Then they sweep Houston and take 2 out of 3 from the A's and everything is hunky-dory up there.

I think we have as good a chance to take on the Twins as ever.

If we could pick up both Benson and Garcia and not have to give an arm and a leg, I'd say go for it. That would push Garland to #5, where he should be. I'm honestly not sold on Shoe yet, although he has pitched well this year.

We really need an ace though. Someone who can stop the team in its tracks. That's what we need for the playoffs.

No.

Show has cooled off, but last night's outing was ok.

7 inn, 3 ER (I am sorry but Konerko and Uribe gave the Indians 5 or 6 outs in that inning, how in the world can you give him an ER there?) against a hot-hitting team? Did you really think he was gonna keep them down to 1 run?

Same thing happened in Seattle and Florida - no run support, Show is forced to nibble and defense betrays him. He is simply not goon enough to be a #2 starter he was earlier in the year, but as a #5, with less pressure on him, he can post 4.40-4.60 ERA and be more than tolerable in that role.

This team needs a bona-field ace. It's been said 50 times and it will need to be reiterated 150 times more. One pitcher. Solve all our SP problems, and maybe even improve BP by default.

One pitcher.

If we could pick up both Benson and Garcia and not have to give an arm and a leg, I'd say go for it. That would push Garland to #5, where he should be. I'm honestly not sold on Shoe yet, although he has pitched well this year.

We really need an ace though. Someone who can stop the team in its tracks. That's what we need for the playoffs.

The only Ace on a non contender is probably Randy Johnson. If he isn't going to NYY, I don't think he's coming to CWS.

The only Ace on a non contender is probably Randy Johnson.  If he isn't going to NYY, I don't think he's coming to CWS.

I would kill to have Johnson on the south side. Arizona should just give up the pennant and trade him to us. He fits the bill of exactly what we need, a veteran who can stop the other team. I'm not sure Buehrle or Loaiza can do that...

I would kill to have Johnson on the south side. Arizona should just give up the pennant and trade him to us. He fits the bill of exactly what we need, a veteran who can stop the other team. I'm not sure Buehrle or Loaiza can do that...

he, they can't, but he won't come here without a miracle.

Too bad we can't be a team that takes the "plan A" route... by the end of July we'll be on plan S or T... again.  :headshake

Plan A can't happen until July.

"It takes 2 to tango"

The only potential way to get Garcia now is to give away the farm, and even then, the Mariners may want to hold onto him until July 31st.

Plan A can't happen until July.

"It takes 2 to tango"

The only potential way to get Garcia now is to give away the farm, and even then, the Mariners may want to hold onto him until July 31st.

Plan A should have happened in November/December.