Attendance

Gene Honda Civic

There was a crowd of 27,922 at the Cell last night, and get this, That was the smallest crowd of the last 4 games at Comiskey.

712,331 people have made the trip to the south side in the first 32 games. Over the same 32 games last season, the sox drew 555,935. 156,396 more fans have watched the sox play already this year. That's almost 5,000 more per game. 28% more than last season.

We did not reach 712,000 until the 40th game last season (the Cubs series). Over the last 41 games last seaon about 1.2MIL(500,000 more than in the first half) went through the turnstiles at Comiskey. If we draw simillarly over the last 40(philly probably wont be made up) we will easily eclipse the 2MIL mark. I figure we are likely to approach 2.3MIL in paid attendance.

I'm not the only person who can see the numbers. JR knows what they are. He's already told KW that he has a bigger budget to play with. I expect KW to really make some noise. I can't really imagine him getting outbid for a player when there is this amount of support from the fans.

I think the fans know we really hav a great chance at winnin the division this season, with Ozzie as the new manager, it's created a real buzz, and the fans are gettin their asses on the seats at the Cell.

Any of you that watched the game on TV last night, we need to bring that old lady back for every game, she was hilarious :headbang

All I was saying was...

“Win one for grandma.” :wub:

And so the Sox did. Thank you Valentin.

Im going to go out on a limb, and say that what he means is that since there is a lower capacity now, that more percent of the stadium is filled. :huh

I'm not sure what % has to do with anything since cheat is using actual attendance figures. :huh

Oh well...