Attendance

Gene Honda Civic

Cheat... not to let air out of the point, but the Yanks series accounted for nearly half of that 150K increase. The number, especially with the s***ty weather, is incredible though.

That only slightly skews the greater pitcure. The rest of attendance is up, even if zero people showed up for those yankee games. Plus I could counter and say that we've had to play tampa, and that has hurt the attendance.

There's still 6 dates left (Boston, Cubs)where theres already 35,000+ tickets sold. Minnesota comes to town for six dates(one weekend series). There's bad news on the scheduling horizon thuogh too. We have yet to play Detroit, so a lot of our home games in the second have will be the Tiggers.

The attendance should be higher knowing that we have Half-Price Mondays and Pepsi Half-Price Tuesdays. I know those days fall in a weekday, but there should be allot more Sox fans knowing how good their team is playing (that is if you compare them to last year). I hope to see better results after the All- Star Game.

Higher attendance is always good, but if it is happening because we are having more half off Mondays and $1 Tuesdays etc etc, then I doubt it really helps the payroll

Also, remember we started the season above what we were supposed to be at with our payroll

It was guaranteed we would be shedding off some of our salary over the off-season....none of it happened

Higher attendance is always good, but if it is happening because we are having more half off Mondays and $1 Tuesdays etc etc, then I doubt it really helps the payroll

There are less 1/2 price mondays than last year. And we had 1.2 price Tuesdays last season also, so it's a fair comparison of the two seasons.

I just want to say that it was beautiful to see the highlights last night and see full bleachers instead of seeing empty seats.

I've been to 5 games this season, but the Sox are 0-5 when I attend, so I am scared to go to any more games. My dad told me I was a jinx when I was a little kid, so I keep that in mind. His softball team was 54-4 when I wasn't there, and was 0-14 when I was. You do the math. :huh:

Over the past 3 years:

The Sox - 5-23 when I attend.

The Bulls - 1-8 when I attend.

The Blackhawks - 1-14 when I attend.

The Bears - 2-13 when I attend.

Either I pick games where the opponent is really really good, or I really am a jinx. :crying

I just want to say that it was beautiful to see the highlights last night and see full bleachers instead of seeing empty seats. 

I've been to 5 games this season, but the Sox are 0-5 when I attend, so I am scared to go to any more games.  My dad told me I was a jinx when I was a little kid, so I keep that in mind.  His softball team was 54-4 when I wasn't there, and was 0-14 when I was.  You do the math. :huh:

Over the past 3 years:

Either I pick games where the opponent is really really good, or I really am a jinx. :crying

Holy s***!

I've been to 5 games this season, but the Sox are 0-5 when I attend, so I am scared to go to any more games.  My dad told me I was a jinx when I was a little kid, so I keep that in mind.  His softball team was 54-4 when I wasn't there, and was 0-14 when I was.  You do the math. :huh:

Over the past 3 years:

The main problem is the bulls, blackhawks, and bears all suck ass. But still that is awfully bad luck.

None of you are helping my already diminished confidence.    :crying

Pastime, you are a great and wonderful person. People like you. You are well respected, care about other people, and are quick to do a good deed. You are already successful in many aspects of your life, and you will go on to achieve many more great accomplishments.

Now that your confidence has been built up ...

DON'T EVER GO SEE A WHITE SOX GAME IN PERSON EVER AGAIN!!!

:lol:

:lolhitting

I went to last nights game, it was great to have a full bleachers...though i sat in 159 which is seats, but what was better...there were no fights that i saw...the last half priced tuesday game i was at was bad...so security...no, the fans have been better, i think we are seeing more white sox fans there and less people there to just get drunk...what an AWESOME game yesterday was though, i've never seen a walkoff homerun before...it was great.

Also, remember we started the season above what we were supposed to be at with our payroll

It was guaranteed we would be shedding off some of our salary over the off-season....none of it happened

But it hasn't been for the half-price nights. For example, I remember the Atlanta series, a weekend series, and IIRC we had 25,000+ each night.

And for MoTown04, I just :headshake and :rolleyes: at every post you make...

There was a crowd of 27,922 at the Cell last night, and get this, That was the smallest crowd of the last 4 games at Comiskey.

712,331 people have made the trip to the south side in the first 32 games.  Over the same 32 games last season, the sox drew 555,935.  156,396 more fans have watched the sox play already this year.  That's almost 5,000 more per game.  28% more than last season.

We did not reach 712,000 until the 40th game last season (the Cubs series).  Over the last 41 games last seaon about 1.2MIL(500,000 more than in the first half) went through the turnstiles at Comiskey. If we draw simillarly over the last 40(philly probably wont be made up) we will easily eclipse the 2MIL mark.  I figure we are likely to approach 2.3MIL in paid attendance.

I'm not the only person who can see the numbers.  JR knows what they are.  He's already told KW that he has a bigger budget to play with.  I expect KW to really make some noise.  I can't really imagine him getting outbid for a player when there is this amount of support from the fans.

It's good to see the fans coming out to support the team. Lets hope it continues and gets stringer. :headbang