WTF just happened?

Bighurt52235

no, he knew it wasn't gone which is why he grabbed the ball and was motioning like crazy for someone in the infield to get to 2b.

That makes sense. I thought he saw it go over the fence, hit something and bounce back, and then he decided he would act as if it didn't go over.

f*** Jakko :fyou

:fyou Mike Jackson, I've finally had enough.

I miss seeing you post, Cerb.

I like you're style.

Thanks, Showtime. I've got less and less time to get pissed off about the Sox and post on Soxtalk because I work 40 hours a week. I'll be on a lot more after the FutureSox roadtrip.

Admire your single to left field and get thrown out stretching to 2nd?

OZZIEBALL

Thanks, Showtime. I've got less and less time to get pissed off about the Sox and post on Soxtalk because I work 40 hours a week. I'll be on a lot more after the FutureSox roadtrip.

Admire your single to left field and get thrown out stretching to 2nd?

OZZIEBALL

Excellent, I look forward to it.

Ok guys, everyone except 2 people thought that ball was gone(Lawton and the 3rd base ump) so I would have been admiring too considering that ball was tagged. You can call it a classic Carlos bad running play, but I'm not going to blame anyone that hits a shot to the top of the wall driving in a run.

Ok guys, everyone except 2 people thought that ball was gone(Lawton and the 3rd base ump) so I would have been admiring too considering that ball was tagged.  You can call it a classic Carlos bad running play, but I'm not going to blame anyone that hits a shot to the top of the wall driving in a run.

Give me a break. I could have ran backwards and still made it to 2nd on that ball hit by Carlos. Hitting a baseball into the stands and holding your bat watching it does not score you extra runs for a "coolness" factor. If anything, you're asking for one in the earhole next at bat.

Carlos needs to just put his head down and run.

Ok guys, everyone except 2 people thought that ball was gone(Lawton and the 3rd base ump) so I would have been admiring too considering that ball was tagged.  You can call it a classic Carlos bad running play, but I'm not going to blame anyone that hits a shot to the top of the wall driving in a run.

Sure not when frank got caugth doing the same thing right in front of him. Not when he was the tying run, who should have been on second in scoring position ready to be driven in. :rolleyes:

Have any of you ever hit a game tying or winning HR??

Because I know when I did it I also felt like admiring it, its just something that happens..

When you tag a ball and you FEEL like its gone your not thinking the same, he just missed it and now he looks like an ass for it..

But I wouldnt blame it on him, it happens.... Doesnt change the fact that MB loaded the bases and The King of Pop gave up the slam

Oh well move on to tomorrow, and hope for the split

Have any of you ever hit a game tying or winning HR??

Because I know when I did it I also felt like admiring it, its just something that happens..

When you tag a ball and you FEEL like its gone your not thinking the same, he just missed it and now he looks like an ass for it..

But I wouldnt blame it on him, it happens.... Doesnt change the fact that MB loaded the bases and The King of Pop gave up the slam

Oh well move on to tomorrow, and hope for the split

Never a game tying homer, but a home run nonetheless, and I sprinted around the bases. You don't admire it, you get a great feeling and it should make you run faster. Admiring it is something Barry Bonds does, don't be like Barry in the aspect of hustle.

Never a game tying homer, but a home run nonetheless, and I sprinted around the bases. You don't admire it, you get a great feeling and it should make you run faster. Admiring it is something Barry Bonds does, don't be like Barry in the aspect of hustle.

You hit a HR and sprinted around the bases???

That may be taking it a little far, but the feeling you get when you think you got all of it... its a great feeling, and I know how it feels so I cant blame Carlos for that

again... pitching gave this game away so this point is useless

That may be taking it a little far, but the feeling you get when you think you got all of it... its a great feeling, and I know how it feels so I cant blame Carlos for that

again... pitching gave this game away so this point is useless

Well I sprinted to first and then slowed down a bit after I saw it was gone. And it was my first home run on a "regulation field" so that made it even more special. Also it was off of a Varsity pitcher and I was only on the Freshman team.

Juan Uribe has never stood and admired his hit. He busts out of the gate every time. He never holds onto a routine grounder any longer than necessary. He almost always puts his whole arm behind every throw (I saw him throw undrehand the other day other wise I would have used the word alwaysa gain.) Juan Uribe plays the game the way it's meant to be played.... Carlos ....

Doesn't.

Well I sprinted to first and then slowed down a bit after I saw it was gone. And it was my first home run on a "regulation field" so that made it even more special. Also it was off of a Varsity pitcher and I was only on the Freshman team.

Well yeah everyone goes nuts when they hit their first HR but when you know your a power hitter and you have hit many HR's... When you think you got one its just like "Damn, that looks pretty"

Its like something you do without thinking... like blinking or breathing ;)

Juan Uribe has never stood and admired his hit.  He busts out of the gate every time. He never holds onto a routine grounder any longer than necessary.  He almost always puts his whole arm behind every throw (I saw him throw undrehand the other day other wise I would have used the word alwaysa gain.)  Juan Uribe plays the game the way it's meant to be played.... Carlos ....

Doesn't.

Well I dont care how Carlos plays, im glad hes on my team

well, if he became like full out lazy and no hustle then i would care... but admiring what he thought was a HR... it happens to the best of them... hell Frank did it too right before him

Well yeah everyone goes nuts when they hit their first HR but when you know your a power hitter and you have hit many HR's... When you think you got one its just like "Damn, that looks pretty"

Its like something you do without thinking... like blinking or breathing  ;)

No it's not. When you make that solid contact you never assume it's a home run. You bust your butt until you see that it is gone, and if it's not, you have a shot at a double or triple. It's not a natural thing to admire.

No it's not. When you make that solid contact you never assume it's a home run. You bust your butt until you see that it is gone, and if it's not, you have a shot at a double or triple. It's not a natural thing to admire.

I guess I must be the only here who was a power hitter... All I know is there are time thats you make contact that you know its gone, and others that you have to question... He thought it was gone, it didnt happen...

Did he get an RBI? Yes

Did it matter? NO because pitching blew it anyways

Im not trying to say its alright to do that, Im just saying that it HAPPENS and I know from experiance

and no I never stood at home plate and admired it but I have half assed it out of the box due to the fact I thought it was gone....

Get off power hitters nuts man... it HAPPENS!!! :P

Because Frank did it, its alright? If im Ozzie, im busting up some tables and water coolers in the clubhouse becauase the two stars in the lineup got made douchbags of up at the plate tonight. Enough showboating.

Like Cheat said, Uribe doesnt stand at the plate and gawk and his HR's. Bust your ass and run the bases.

No I wasnt trying to say it was alright...

But how is Frank Hitting a Double and then Carlos following with knocking him in make them look like douchebags?

NOW, if Frank would have gotten thrown out and Carlos too and we got nothing out of it then yes, they are Douchebags... But since we got something out of it I would rather classify it as them making an ass of themselves, or just not hustling

Man of Steel said:

Well I dont care how Carlos plays, im glad hes on my team

well, if he became like full out lazy and no hustle then i would care... but admiring what he thought was a HR... it happens to the best of them... hell Frank did it too right before him

--I gotta back Man of Steel on this one.

s*** happens and it happened to Carlos.

I mean go ahead and fine him for the play, but I don't hate him

for doing it.

s*** happens when you are scuffling and we sure are sucking.