5th starter means Sox victory! merged threads

The Beast

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got tickets to tomorrows game! They are great seats from a season ticket holder who couldn't go. This will be my fourth game of the year. Hopefully Rauch can redeem himself and we can split with the Tribe. If we don't split, this team is in serious trouble.

my and hjohnson's :ph34r: in the game thread that I started were for the fact the Sox are using a 5th starter

then I add another :ph34r: because Heads started and a game thread and didn't pin it

and then I add another :ph34r: because beastly started a game thread too so we have merged three games threads

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

5th starter :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I'm 6'4 and so I'm pretty tall for my age as a young 16 y/o...RAUCH YOU 6'11 DEVIL, go get us a 'W!'

He needs to go redeem himself for his last performance and leaving early. I think what he did was f***ed up but if he can go out there and get it done then it's all sins forgiven.

This start today may just very well be Jon Rauch's last chance with this organization.

The fact that he's facing one of the best offenses in baseball hardly inspires confidence, but that's why they play the game. If he changes speeds, he's got a shot. But if he tries too hard to impress and just fires fastballs in there, it will be ugly.

Does he fly back or drive? I'm thinking they hand him a Friday morning flight back to wherever they are playing on Saturday. He's going to be rocked and ejected from the game after plunking someone. I'm expecting a bench clearing brawl tonight. In fact, we probably should just forfeit and not risk injury to anyone in a game that is clearly meant to be a loss.

Rauch will only make it out of the third because Ozzie has no options. I think Munoz is going to look good by comparison.

Rauch will give up double digit runs, possibly by inning two. I would also guess back to back to back homeruns by their 7-8-9 hitters. Left to pitch 9 innings, Rauch would give up 20 runs.

There are only two solid ML pitchers in the organization. Two servicable, and the rest are AAA on their best days.

elisha_fingers_crossed_small.jpg

This start today may just very well be Jon Rauch's last chance with this organization. 

The fact that he's facing one of the best offenses in baseball hardly inspires confidence, but that's why they play the game.  If he changes speeds, he's got a shot.  But if he tries too hard to impress and just fires fastballs in there, it will be ugly.

It didn't have to be this way. It shouldn't have to be MUST-WIN, for either Sox or the Bigger Unit.

And yet, after Buerhle skunked it up last night, it so clearly IS.

Better not f***ing head into Prior, Zambrano, Maddux games while only 3 games over .500 because we lose at least 2 in that series and then we got Minnesota and Cubs on the road.

Sox should have been 10-15 games over .500 heading into this stretch. f***ing management, I loathe it so.