5th starter means Sox victory! merged threads

The Beast

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rauch started out solid in the first few innings last time too; it'll be more interesting to see what he does the rest of the way.

That's what I am thinking too.

Anyways - there's two tickets for tommorow's game, 65 dollars a piece, yet my brother can't go. I've never been to a Sox/Cubs game, surprisingly I've been to about every other big rivalry game (Hawks vs Wings, Bears vs Packers), yet not Sox/Cubs. As they say on the northside, 'Maybe next Year.' :lol:

VALENTIN 3 RUN SHOT! :headbang

That's what I am thinking too.

Anyways - there's two tickets for tommorow's game, 65 dollars a piece, yet my brother can't go.  I've never been to a Sox/Cubs game, surprisingly I've been to about every other big rivalry game (Hawks vs Wings, Bears vs Packers), yet not Sox/Cubs.  As they say on the northside, 'Maybe next Year.'  :lol:

VALENTIN 3 RUN SHOT!  :headbang

i was able to get 3 tickets for sundays game on ebay 2 weeks ago. LF right behind the bullpen for $60 each, not bad.

Bottom of 1st:

Rowand- ground out to 2B

Uribe- reaches on error by Belliard

Thomas- Fly out to CF

Lee- single to LF

Uribe advances to 2B

Valentin- 3 run HR to CF

Uribe and Lee score

Konerko- strikeout (swinging)

3-0 good guys going into top of 2nd

Why is Jose so much better wth ducks on the pond as opposed to when there is no one on base?

One thing I will never figure out...

If you're only going to only get one skill or the other, I'd rather have him be clutch with people on base, rather than with out people on base.

Hmm - I find this interesting about Konerko.

When he gets into his hot streak, he seems to take less pitches.  But when he isn't hitting a lot of homers, he seems to walk a lot more and make better contact.  What do you guys like better?

If he's hitting a first ball fastball that has a lot of the plate, i'm fine with it. Sure, patience is nice, but sometimes the first pitch is the best one you will see the whole at bat. I played baseball in high school this way. I know it's not the majors, but pitchers at both levels like to get ahead on hitters, and sometimes that first pitch is a nice fastball to try to drill. I've never believed in taking pitches for the sake of taking pitches.