Indians in a very good position

maggsmaggs

They are currently in the books for $12 million next year, you figure that raises to $25 million through arbitration and options and other sorts. They also lose $13 million from Bob Wickman and Omar Visquel. Then, Cleveland has been known to raise payroll significantly when they can be in serious contention. That means that they can raise payroll to $50 million and have $25 million for Free Agency. They don't need any starting pitching, maybe a veteran 5th man, they definately don't need offense. All they need is a bullpen and I was looking at some potential Free Agents:

Felix Hernandez

Jason Christianson (T)

Robb Nen

Antonio Osuna

Trevor Hoffmann (T)

Rod Beck (T)

Steve Kline

Jose Mesa

Rheal Cormier

Roberto Hernandez

Billy Wagner (T)

David Weathers

Paul Schuey

Armando Benitez

Chad Fox

Antonio Alfonseca

John Smoltz (T)

Terry Adams

Ron Villone

Curtis Leskanic

Billy Koch

Scott Williamson

Alan Embree (T)

Mike Timlin (T)

Troy Percival

Uegeth Urbina (T)

Jeff Nelson

Eddie Guardado (M)

They can get some of these guys with that $25 million, they might have the best team in the AL. This is scary, the Sox need to do something this year because next year will be the year of the Indians

The Indians of the mid 90's we're known to raise payroll. The Jake was rocking every night and they wanted to win, they're new owner isn't as loose with the money.

That being said I think they'll be something to deal with next season for sure.

OF

Marquis Grissom (T)

Raul Mondesi

Carl Everett (P)

Craig Biggio (T)

Lance Berkman

Richard Hidalgo

Jeromy Burnitz (M)

Moises Alou (M)

JD Drew

Frank Cattalanotto

Steve Finley

Brian Jordan

Rusty Greer (M)

Jermaine Dye

Carlos Beltran

Jacque Jones

Magglio Ordonez

Juan Gonzalez (M)

I don't feel so bad now. We now have so many options with the possibilty of Maggs leaving. Cattalanotto, Berkman, Beltran, Jones...

Sometimes I wish that the Sox would rebuild the team the way Cleveland did.  Yes, their fans suffered for a few years, but look at them now. 

I said SOMETIMES, not always.

But they were truely rebuilding (made it to a WS). The Sox haven't gotten the 'building' part right in order to rebuild.

Rusty Greer anyone :lol:

Oh my god, the other day I was looking at some pictures at Comiskey when I was little remembering how good the Rangers were those days, then I saw Greer in a picture and im just like wow "Rusty Greer" what a great name and player he was. :lolhitting

Back to the subject, The Tribe are gonna be dangerous. Sabathia, Westbrook, Lee god damn. It wasn't even that long ago they dismantled the team, wasn't 2000 the last time they were in playoff contention? Damn they have got some good players over there Blake, Martinez, Belliard. Don't forget about Rick White, that guys a star. lol :bang