NBA draft thread

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny, but he is right. These HSers should go to college. Stupid f***ers are ruining the league and half of them won't meet expectations.

The best part was when Jay said one of the HS'ers was gonna be a bust and the place just went up for grabs. :lol:

It's funny, but he is right. These HSers should go to college. Stupid f***ers are ruining the league and half of them won't meet expectations.

The NBA draft is starting to become as big of a crapshoot as the MLB draft. I would stay away from HS players as much as possible. Use the Oakland A's philosophy. There's going to be Ronald Murrays in the draft(jameer Nelsons),guys who are passed over for kids from bigger schools etc., but how many HS'ers are going to come from late in the draft and make an impact? NONE.

So - can someone tell me about the pick of Ben Gordon? Will he most likely start, and be the number 2 guard or the number 1 guard, with Hienrich (sp?) already there? Or will he ride the pine a bit? Or will it all depend upon the Crawford contract situation?

I'm surprised the Bulls haven't made a trade yet, they're awefully young...

So - can someone tell me about the pick of Ben Gordon?  Will he most likely start, and be the number 2 guard or the number 1 guard, with Hienrich (sp?) already there?  Or will he ride the pine a bit?  Or will it all depend upon the Crawford contract situation?

I'm surprised the Bulls haven't made a trade yet, they're awefully young...

Scroll up and look at my earlier post. It's the yahoo article.

The Bulls want college guys. Why do they keep acting like Vroman is going to be part of the Bulls. Did the Bulls end up keeping that pick and using somethign else in the Phoenix deal for #7.

Personally I like the Duhon selection, although I think the Bulls could use a big man. Duhon can play defense, is smart, and is exactly the type of player you want off the bench. He also has big time experience.

The Bulls want college guys.  Why do they keep acting like Vroman is going to be part of the Bulls. Did the Bulls end up keeping that pick and using somethign else in the Phoenix deal for #7.

No, Vroman is a Sun.

Vroman

Cash

Future 1st

FOR

Deng

No, Vroman is a Sun.

Vroman

Cash

Future 1st

FOR

Deng

Ya, however, the people on the ESPN roundtable were mentioning his name like he was a Bull.

Personally I like the Deng pick. He's gonna be a pretty damn good player and well, Gordon somewhat ponders me, but the guy can flat shoot and score and is a good all around player. It is a small backcourt though.

As much as I hate Duke and it's players, I have no problem w/ them once their in the NBA. I like the Duhon pick. Like others have said before, he's smart, plays good defense, is experienced, and can give good minutes off the bench as a backup.

It is a small backcourt though.

I have a little concern about that but I don't think it will be too big of an issue.

I love the Gordon pick. We haven't had anyone with his scoring ability in a while. We needed a shooter and got one.

I like the picks -- I think they are going more of the "Oakland A's" approach...

Take a look at the draft.

1. HS kid -- Unproven talent -- High Upside

2. College "player of the Year" -- Health questions, Offensive questions

3. College kid -- Not the most Flashy payer in the world but good all-around player

4. HS Kid -- Strength questions, shooting abilty questions -- "years away from contributing" --typical clippers pick.

7. College Kid -- Not the best player in the draft, but versatile. Good all-around payer.

In the past the bulls were drafting on how players projected. This year it looks like they are drafting proven commodities who they know can play and can play now.