NBA draft thread

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my eyes the optimal draft was Deng and Gordon, I thought they would pick Deng first, but after looking at a few mocks it was apparent people had Deng slipping.

I thought they might consider Livingston if he went to 7, or any other freak occurrence Okafor to 3.

But overall if they sign a front court guy, they could be looking at a team that could begin to compete.

SB

Very happy with the Magic's draft. I would hav taken Okafor if we were going to keep T-Mac but long term Dwight Howard will definitely be a Kevin Garnett and not a Kwame Brown. The kid works his ass off. I want to know whether he'll be startin though, or will Drew Gooden start at PF if we keep him. Jameer Nelson for a future 1st is a STEAL, Nelson will be a Darrell Armstrong clone for us. We also got Anderson Varejao who was expected to go to Utah or Boston with one of their 1st round picks, almost a Nene clone with his heart and hustle. Good start for John Weisbrod.

All in all.  I give the Bulls an A for this draft.

Me too. I really, really liked this draft. It's the first time in a while that I've been really happy w/ all of our picks. I mean, in the past I've had questions about our pick and thought that maybe we passed up on someone that we shouldn't have(i.e. last year i was happy w/ Hinrich, but wondered if we should have taken Pietrus... well, I sure don't have any doubts about that pick any more), but this year I'm happy w/ who we have, and if neither Gordon or Deng turn out to be anything good (which i doubt), well, then I'll have no ill feelings towards this draft b/c these were the best picks we could have made at the slots we were picking. Also, some of you may say that the best pick at #7 would have been Iguodala(who I really wanted) and not Deng, but after drafting Gordon, there's no need for another guard in Iguodala. Yes, Andre can play SF, but he's more of a true SG, while Deng is a true SF.

Very happy with the Magic's draft. I would hav taken Okafor if we were going to keep T-Mac but long term Dwight Howard will definitely be a Kevin Garnett and not a Kwame Brown. The kid works his ass off. I want to know whether he'll be startin though, or will Drew Gooden start at PF if we keep him. Jameer Nelson for a future 1st is a STEAL, Nelson will be a Darrell Armstrong clone for us. We also got Anderson Varejao who was expected to go to Utah or Boston with one of their 1st round picks, almost a Nene clone with his heart and hustle. Good start for John Weisbrod.

I like all of the Magic's moves, except I think that they should have taken Okafor. But, they took Howard, and I hope that he does really well for them! I'd hate to see Howard not do well and become a bust b/c he seems like a really good kid w/ a good head on his shoulders. I wish him the best of luck! :cheers

My C's report:

I like the three picks alot, although I wouldn't have minded seeing Harrison picked instead of West but with Perkins from last year I dont think it was all that necessary.

I dont care what level your playing at, you average 43 points and 18 boards a game, your a player, and thats what Al Jefferson is. He's got the size, the weight, the muscle to be a banger in the NBA. He's a great rebounder, proven scorer and I can see him being a better player than Dwight Howard.

As for West and Allen... You get a great defender, something the C's need, something Danny and Doc probably reminded them of some Piston. Also, the Celtics had these two on the board as the second best pg and sg respectively in the draft.

If your able to pick up Al Jefferson who I love, along with someone Danny and the Celtics think is the second best point guard and shooting guard in this draft I'd take it from the three picks.

Solid, I give it an A-.

My C's report:

I like the three picks alot, although I wouldn't have minded seeing Harrison picked instead of West but with Perkins from last year I dont think it was all that necessary.

I dont care what level your playing at, you average 43 points and 18 boards a game, your a player, and thats what Al Jefferson is. He's got the size, the weight, the muscle to be a banger in the NBA. He's a great rebounder, proven scorer and I can see him being a better player than Dwight Howard.

As for West and Allen... You get a great defender, something the C's need, something Danny and Doc probably reminded them of some Piston. Also, the Celtics had these two on the board as the second best pg and sg respectively in the draft.

If your able to pick up Al Jefferson who I love, along with someone Danny and the Celtics think is the second best point guard and shooting guard in this draft I'd take it from the three picks.

Solid, I give it an A-.

that's a joke right.

Did you watch David Harrison, he is a smaller Robert Traylor.

Plus the guy can't handle a college crowd, he starts crying and tries to attack the fans.

43 points in the Mississippi public league is a real great indication of a star. I hpe you are joking about that Howard comment.

Delonte West benefited from the double teams, and his offense consisted of throwing up wild three pointers.

Tony Allen benefited from a system offense and defense. This will not help in the pros. Notice Oklahoma State does not produce great pros.

Sorry Danny Ainge is a moron.

My C's report:

Solid, I give it an A-.

I will be enjoying watchin Doc Rivers TRY to develop these young players in Boston, because if they make ONE mistake, they'll become like Stevan Hunter and Reece Gaines and hav their asses riding on the pine. You guys didn't get Robert Swift. Taking two small shooting guards when you already hav size problems in the back court AND Paul Pierce. C+ at best. And no way Jefferson becomes better than Howard. :lol:

One concern I have about Deng is, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Deng guard PF's in college?

He can't guard PF's in the NBA and he will be owned by guys like TMac and Marion.

So I am kind of worried about how Deng fits in on D.

that's a joke right.

Did you watch David Harrison, he is a smaller Robert Traylor.

Plus the guy can't handle a college crowd, he starts crying and tries to attack the fans.

43 points in the Mississippi public league is a real great indication of a star.  I hpe you are joking about that Howard comment.

Delonte West benefited from the double teams, and his offense consisted of throwing up wild three pointers.

Tony Allen benefited from a system offense and defense.  This will not help in the pros.  Notice Oklahoma State does not produce great pros.

Sorry Danny Ainge is a moron.

I watched him plenty at Colorado and read somewhere that he's lost about 20 pounds and I quote "if my basketball career fails, I can always become a model," when asked about his new tight/ripped looking body. Sure he's got a lot to work on, but then again so does West which is why like I said I wouldn't have minded the Celtic taking Harrison over West.

As for Jefferson averaging 43 points and 18 boards in the "public league," Im sure the talent in the Church league wasn't always top tier either. So yes, I'll stand by my Jefferson better than Howard atleast until I see him play or read something credible that tells me otherwise..

I will be enjoying watchin Doc Rivers TRY to develop these young players in Boston, because if they make ONE mistake, they'll become like Stevan Hunter and Reece Gaines and hav their asses riding on the pine. You guys didn't get Robert Swift. Taking two small shooting guards when you already hav size problems in the back court AND Paul Pierce. C+ at best. And no way Jefferson becomes better than Howard.  :lol:

You know more about what Doc does as a coach from his Orlando days but here with Danny I just dont think thats how he's going to coach.

As for losing out on Swift. I was more happy he got taken. Big, slow, white centers, no thanks.

I'll take the C+ for what its worth, but like I said in the other post, I'll stand by my Jefferson over Howard until im proven wrong.