The Official Carlos Beltran Traded Thread

Since it's on MLB.com I gotta assume this isn't some bogus nonsense.

3 way involving Oakland

Houston, Oakland and Kansas City reportedly have discussed a three-way trade that would send Royals center fielder Carlos Beltran to the Astros, Houston closer Octavio Dotel to the A's and a package of minor league talent to the Royals.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was Gammons, BUT, he said KC doesnt really want to get involved in 3 way deals, and just kinda wants to swap. But it was Gammons so....

:huh

Where did gammons get involved in this? I see the article by Jim Molony on the MLB site and read it earlier today. No mention of gammons. Where did this come from?

I understand why the A's would make it.  I understand why the Royals would make it.  Hell, I even understand why the Astros would make it.

Where does Beltran play?  And then where does Biggio play?

Either of them can move to right.

I understand why the A's would make it.  I understand why the Royals would make it.  Hell, I even understand why the Astros would make it.

Where does Beltran play?  And then where does Biggio play?

The Stros HAVE to get Biggio out of CF. He's horrid out there.

"According to several sources, the three-way Beltran/Dotel trade broke down for financial reasons, despite the fact that owner Steve Schott had told The Chronicle last week that he would increase the payroll to improve the bullpen. At issue was the fact that Dotel will be arbitration eligible after the season and, as a closer, he could command quite a bit more in arbitration than his current $2.8 million salary.

According to one source, Kansas City was to receive Triple-A third baseman Mark Teahen and rising Class-A reliever Jairo Garcia (Astros minor- league catcher John Buck also was to be part of the deal). The Royals were said to be furious that the deal collapsed and now are believed to be shopping Beltran to Boston instead." - San Francisco Chronicle

"The Royals then began shopping Beltran all over again, and industry sources said the Boston Red Sox might have positioned themselves to acquire him. - Houston Chronicle

Yes he will hopefully be in Houston.

Problem is that there was talk Dotel would be part of the deal. If he goes to the Astros, then they are going to be missing a few pieces in the bullpen, which would take them out of it anyways. They need a closer. There are bigger pieces they need than Carlos.

After spending the past half hour reading up on the latest gossip, it's gonna be an interesting week.

Astros have pretty much told KC to name who they want and it's done. Papers in NYC report that the Boss has told Cashman to do whatever it takes to keep him from Boston. That would require sending Navarro to KC ofcourse, which would in theory help the White Sox get Garcia.

Appears Supersteve has become Soxtalk's version of Peter Gammons :D

According the Chip Caray, the three way trade between Oakland/Astros/KC is close to completion. Oakland has apparently set aside a press conference for later on tonight.

:fthecubs