The Official Carlos Beltran Traded Thread

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, i dont really like this trade, sure it hurts the cubs but who cares about them. The Royals now have 3 GREAT Prospects, they got what they were looking for (a 3B and a Catcher), plus a stud pitcher. Watch out for the royals in a few years.

LOL. The Royals need a hell of a lot more then the prospects they got in this deal for me to be scared of them anytime soon. The team in our division to be scared of is the, Indians.

That Astro's offense is gonna be something.  Beltran,  Bagwell, and Berkman hitting 3,  4,  5,.  I still think they need bullpen help.  But it looks as if the Astro's r gonna go all out in trying to win this thing.  So I expect them to add a quality reliever or 2 very soon.

Do not forget Biggio and Kent too

This deal now gives them the "killer Beeees"

(4 Bs that is)

Do not forget Biggio and Kent too

This deal now gives them the "killer Beeees"

(4 Bs that is)

Yeah. They're offense is gonna be SICK. Pettite is due to come off the dl on, Tuesday. I guess they really feel that Lidge guy can get the job done as the closer. I still think they could use another quality arm in the pen. But all in all. If this team is healthy. They should win the division.

The one good thing about this thread is that our games against the Royals will get even easier this year

I may be wrong but I think we have more games left with Royals than the Twins, so that will help us

Now, let's hope Detroit unloads some of their vet hitters (Rondell White for eg) too...given we have yet to play them all of our stipulated games

Appears Supersteve has become Soxtalk's version of Peter Gammons  :D

According the Chip Caray, the three way trade between Oakland/Astros/KC is close to completion.  Oakland has apparently set aside a press conference for later on tonight.

:fthecubs

:headbang :headbang :lol: :lolhitting

Yeah.  They're offense is gonna be SICK.  Pettite is due to come off the dl on,  Tuesday.  I guess they really feel that Lidge guy can get the job done as the closer.  I still think they could use another quality arm in the pen.  But all in all.  If this team is healthy.  They should win the division.

They might be in a bit of a slump right now but that's all about to change. 'snicker' The Flubbs are going to find themselves in 3rd very quick like.

:fthecubs

Not posted yet that I can see. Sports reports says Carlos Beltran was sent to the Astros with a relief pitcher going to Oakland and Royals get prospects. Don't know how to link so check the MLB page, etc.

Sox need pitching, not a rent-a-player no matter how good Beltran is and I am just glad he went to the NL.