Official Ortiz/Jones ATL Rumors Thread

redandwhite

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JD Drew is a LH Power hitter who also hits for average... He would be a GREAT pick up and could go right into RF

Plus we then get Ortiz who can be a #1... and another reliever.... it would make us better since we have already been hitting well without Maggs... and adding Drew?? Man it would be awesome

Why would the Braves give up a starter a closer and their RF to get an injured RF who is a free agent at the end of the year? If the Braves are trading for Magglio, they would still be trying to win their division. Ortiz, they would give up. Drew, maybe but probably not, Smoltz, no way. Also be wary of pitchers the Braves trade. They seem to get rid of them just at the right time, if you know what I'm sayin.

Perhaps the Braves are looking to rebuild after this year and mabey they want Magglio to be the center piece.

:lolhitting

Seriously. You guys are putting way too much spin on this RUMOR. If this deal went through that you guys are creating, we might as well be the Atlanta White Sox, and they should become the Chicago Braves.

How do you know that they dont have someone they feel can come in and take the place of Ortiz (6 - 6, 4.00 + ERA)?

Not to mention that Maggs is coming back any day now AND is better than JD Drew

and a reliever

and we give them Maggs and a prospect?

I never said Smoltz.... BUT, that seems very fair to me and could still keep ATL in a race