Official Ortiz/Jones ATL Rumors Thread

redandwhite

If your going to talk about far fetched trades, the one that would make sense for both sides is;

Ordonez for A. Jones, Ortiz, cash.

We might have to send a prospect, but Atlanta papers have been saying Jones can be had especially since hes slumping.

Hed really solidfy our defense, and with our line up may be able to get back in the .280 30 hr, 100 rbi range.

SB

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your going to talk about far fetched trades, the one that would make sense for both sides is;

We might have to send a prospect, but Atlanta papers have been saying Jones can be had especially since hes slumping.

Hed really solidfy our defense, and with our line up may be able to get back in the .280 30 hr, 100 rbi range.

SB

If we were to get A Jones would we move A Row to right.

SB

I'd rather have a lefty in the lineup to balance it out - thus JD Drew.

Like others have said; Kenny is really, really in a tough position right now. A lot of us would understand a trade of Maggs for Drew, Ortiz, Reliever (if it happened), but unfortunately we aren't the majority. The Sox would probably take a HUGE PR hit if Maggs was traded, even if it did improve the team...

I think at first yes the Sox would take a hit for trading Maggs but if they start winning more consistently they will be fine. Also, just because they Sox traded Maggs doesn't mean if they are truely serious about wanting Maggs. That they couldn't try to sign him when he does become a FA.

There's no way the Braves are trading Smoltz, I really don't see that happening.

If we're going to get help in the bullpen we should focus on a guy for middle relief innings.

The back of our bullpen is pretty damn good right now, you can't get much better than Shingo and Marte.

I wouldn't mind seeing a deal like this:

Ordoñez, Rauch, Ryan Sweeney (I know how much potential he has, but we really need another starter.)

for

Ortiz

Andruw Jones

Middle Reliever (Gryboski?)

As for J.D. Drew, we don't need another outfielder on our D/L. It's only a matter of time before it happends.

If we can walk away with Andruw Jones, Russ Ortiz and another arm for the pen Kenny did a hell of a job.

CWSOX45

Why would we take a PR hit?

Maggs is not the ICON of the White Sox.. Yeah he is a loved player but if you can get a LH power hitter in Drew... a pitcher who won 20 games last year in Ortiz and a solid man out of the pen... you do what you have to do

everyone on this board is a Sox fan and realizes how that benefits the team better... why wouldnt other people see it that way?

No you trade prospects for a left handed hitting of, or play A-Row, Harris, Gload platoon.

Regardless we would have a significant defensive upgrade, and potential offensive upgrade.

To go along with a nice pitcher.

JD Drew, just doesnt excite me, and I believe hes a Boras client.

SB

There's no way the Braves are trading Smoltz, I really don't see that happening.

If we're going to get help in the bullpen we should focus on a guy for middle relief innings.

The back of our bullpen is pretty damn good right now, you can't get much better than Shingo and Marte.

I wouldn't mind seeing a deal like this:

Ordoñez, Rauch, Ryan Sweeney (I know how much potential he has, but we really need another starter.)

for

Ortiz

Andruw Jones

Middle Reliever (Gryboski?)

As for J.D. Drew, we don't need another outfielder on our D/L. It's only a matter of time before it happends.

If we can walk away with Andruw Jones, Russ Ortiz and another arm for the pen Kenny did a hell of a job.

CWSOX45

You also don't need another right handed power bat. Drew would provide stability to our lineup and really balance it out.

You also don't need another right handed power bat.  Drew would provide stability to our lineup and really balance it out.

Drew is too much of a risk. He's been injured WAY too much.

It's only a matter of time before Drew goes back on the D/L.

CWSOX45

Why doesn't Drew excite anyone? He seems to be a decent hitter with good power. Does he have problems in the field? Is he a bad club house guy?

Drew's a stud. However I don't think I would take a chance on him because of his history of injuries. That's just my take on it.

CWSOX45

In Jones we would be trading for a long term CF solution, who at this point might be signable for a little less than the package we were going to offer Maggs.

Jones would bring defensive abilities in the OF we havent seen.

As for getting a left handed outfield hitter, that really isnt to hard to accomplish, Everett would of made a much better RF than CF.

Its hard to get young dynamic CF, its eaiser to get corner outfielders who can hit.

SB

Exactly thats what the team needs.

No. What the team NEEDS is another starter. We're doing fine right now without a lefty bat. It would be nice to have, but our first priority should be another starter.

CWSOX45

Its not guarantee that he will get injured though. I would take the risk, he has been healthy this year as far as i know.

That's a huge risk. He's been injured most of the time he's been in the majors.

If Schuerholz gives me a option between Drew and Jones I take Jones hands down.

CWSOX45

No. What the team NEEDS is another starter. We're doing fine right now without a lefty bat. It would be nice to have, but our first priority should be another starter.

CWSOX45

um duh??

Thats why Ortiz is in the deal

CWSOX45

What do you mean we don't need another lefty bat? Everytime we go against a hard throwing, solid righty we get dominated.

Damn - I knew Drew was pretty good, but I didn't know he was as good as his stats show this year:

.291 Avg, .414 OBP, 14 HRs, 40 RBIs, All of this in a pitchers park.