Levine Says

CWSGuy406

If they are working a trade for him, why are they broadcasting this? I am not saying be less than honest with the team you are dealing with, but what is the point of broadcasting this?

Also, wasn't that his original return date?

If they are working a trade for him, why are they broadcasting this?  I am not saying be less than honest with the team you are dealing with, but what is the point of broadcasting this?

Reason is they are NOT going to trade him KW said he will walk if not signed.

Our play this month has showed me how much we really need to have Maggs on the team. Don't quote me on this but I think we are about 9 or 10 over with him and about 5 under without him. :banghead

I think it's a coincidence that Maggs went out of the line-up and our pitching started sucking at the same time.

Both happened around the West Coast trip, the last time the Starters pitched well.

Maggs ran today, but still isn't very comfortable.  Also, Maggs said that he will need to rehab, so a likely return date should be pushed back to next weekend...  :puke

We'll be ok. Better to wait till he's truly ready then to try and bring him back too soon and get him hurt again.

If they are working a trade for him, why are they broadcasting this?  I am not saying be less than honest with the team you are dealing with, but what is the point of broadcasting this?

Because we're not the lying Cubs for one, and two, we aren't shopping him. If someone offers a deal to make us better, that's one thing. However, there is no reason to lie when we plan on reaping the benefits of his return. I look it as a positive that they let the fans know the truth.

Because we're not the lying Cubs for one, and two, we aren't shopping him. If someone offers a deal to make us better, that's one thing. However, there is no reason to lie when we plan on reaping the benefits of his return. I look it as a positive that they let the fans know the truth.

I never said lie about the injury (not sure where you got that from - I said never deny it, but what is the point of broadcasing it), but what is the point in broadcasting this when this was his original return date (or so I could have sworn was reported)?