For those at today's (well, yesterday's) Game

CWSGuy406

Supposedly, when Sammy Sosa was hitting during BP, over the PA they were playing the sounds of cork popping (I suppose like the champaigne bottle noise.). I heard this from WSI and, a couple of Cubbie fans called in the Score and complained.

Personally, I find that hilarious... :lol:

Supposedly, when Sammy Sosa was hitting during BP, over the PA they were playing the sounds of cork popping (I suppose like the champaigne bottle noise.).  I heard this from WSI and, a couple of Cubbie fans called in the Score and complained.

Personally, I find that hilarious...  :lol:

Complain?

What's there to complain about?

Dude corked and everyone knows it.

He should be able to laugh it off, just as Scrub fans should be able to.

That's hilarious though, I'd love to see the reaction on Scrubbie faces as they play the cork while he takes BP.

Now they have to do it when he steps up to the plate.

You know, like how they played Whitesnake when Chuck Finley pitched against us.  :D

(please don't crucify me for asking this.)

I never got the whole Chuck Finley/Whitesnake ordeal. Can someone explain that to me? IIRC he and his wife had problems, but I never got the connection...

:huh

(please don't crucify me for asking this.)

I never got the whole Chuck Finley/Whitesnake ordeal.  Can someone explain that to me?  IIRC he and his wife had problems, but I never got the connection...

:huh

I believe his wife is/was married to a guy from Whitesnake or had an affair with someone from Whitesnake or something of the sorts. Tawny Kittain was her name I believe.

IIRC, Tawny Kitaen was married to Chuck Finley, and as part of an argument, assaulted him(she like actually beat the s*** out of him). Tawny was also at one time the significant other of the lead singer of Whitesnake(whether it was serious boyfriend-girlfriend, or they were married, I cannot recall).

I am a bit shaky on it all, but I do believe it was something to that extent.

Some more info on Tawny...

Kitaen, 40, was arrested and charged with spousal abuse and battery after she allegedly kicked and twisted the ear of her husband, Cleveland Indians pitcher Chuck Finley, during an altercation the couple had on Monday (4/1). According to this Newport Beach police report, Finley appeared "shaken, but calm" after the attack, in which "hands" and "boots" are described as the weapons used.

Courtesy of The Smoking Gun

Didn't he miss some starts cause of it too? Haha, how would you like to be him showing up to work the next day? :lol:

Probably.

It would be a b****. He can't do anything about it, but you know he's going to get s*** about being beat up by a woman(and as I said, there's nothing he can do about it)

He did the honorable thing.

Didn't throw one punch/slap back. 

A True Gentleman right there.

And a smart gentleman too. I know a guy who took six punches in face, bloody nose resulted, before he finally retaliated with a single backhand. Guess who spent the night in jail.... :o

He did the honorable thing.

Didn't throw one punch/slap back. 

A True Gentleman right there.

Exactly right.

Funny how if he doesn't fight back, he's ridiculed for "getting the s*** kicked out of him", yet if he'd have struck back he'd be a low-life wife-beater ( which he WOULD be, if he had struck a woman ).

:huh Don't get it at all....

Defenitely.  That and I'm still waiting for Valentin to do his Sosa impression after hitting one out.

Jose had his chance yesterday, but didn't do it.

Maybe he's grown out of that s***?

Or maybe waiting to do it at the Deadly Confines?

I hope he's grown out of it - he looks like he WANTS to be Sosa when he does that stuff.

Defenitely.  That and I'm still waiting for Valentin to do his Sosa impression after hitting one out.

That Sammy Soso imitation just totally f***ed with the Cubs minds. They were so worried about Jose doing that, that they forgot to actually pitch to Lee and he hit one out.

Two thoughts.....

1. If I recall correctly, didn't the Sox employee who played the Whitesnake song get fired for doing so?

2. If the Sox did indeed play a sound effect of cork popping, I find that very classless. I know most fans would find it funny, but there is an integrity to this game and a respect for all players in it that must be followed. I would not be surprised if someone got fired over this if it were true and it was obvious what it was. While it may be funny, from a bigger perspective, why lower yourselves with petty adolescent type antics?

Jose had his chance yesterday, but didn't do it.

Maybe he's grown out of that s***?

Or maybe waiting to do it at the Deadly Confines?

I hope he's grown out of it - he looks like he WANTS to be Sosa when he does that stuff.

Dude, I know but that was just so awesome because it made Flubbs fans everywhere angry, it made Jay Mariotti wet his pants in the papers and most of all he stuck it to one of the most hated people who plays for that other team on the N. Side.

Two thoughts.....

1.  If I recall correctly, didn't the Sox employee who played the Whitesnake song get fired for doing so?

2.  If the Sox did indeed play a sound effect of cork popping, I find that very classless.  I know most fans would find it funny, but there is an integrity to this game and a respect for all players in it that must be followed.  I would not be surprised if someone got fired over this if it were true and it was obvious what it was.  While it may be funny, from a bigger perspective, why lower yourselves with petty adolescent type antics?

Because it's funny and it makes Flubby lovers mad. What more do you want?