For those at today's (well, yesterday's) Game

CWSGuy406

Two thoughts.....

1.  If I recall correctly, didn't the Sox employee who played the Whitesnake song get fired for doing so?

2.  If the Sox did indeed play a sound effect of cork popping, I find that very classless.  I know most fans would find it funny, but there is an integrity to this game and a respect for all players in it that must be followed.  I would not be surprised if someone got fired over this if it were true and it was obvious what it was.  While it may be funny, from a bigger perspective, why lower yourselves with petty adolescent type antics?

I agree. That stuff is good in bars or message boards but not on a Major League baseball field.

But I offer that it may not have been a stadium sound effect? Did it only sound like that when he hit the ball?

Sosa lost all right to "respect" when he made a mockery of the integrity of the game by using the corked bat during a major league game.  He's fair game.

Major League game, Minor League game..... you say potato, I say pototto.....

Bottom line is it is extremely unprofessional for an organization to throw such stones, not even considering one of their own has done the same.

Fans can yell about cork all they want, but for the team to do it in such a capacity is bush league.

I like the fact that the Sox are beginning to market the team along the way that Sox fans think.  If that includes tweaking the Cubs and Sosa, so be it.

Those that live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Classless is not acceptable in my mind under any circumstances. So what if the fans think like that. This is a professional organization.

Those that live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Classless is not acceptable in my mind under any circumstances.  So what if the fans think like that.  This is a professional organization.

You think it's classless. I think it's good natured tweaking. Whatever.

You think it's classless.  I think it's good natured tweaking.  Whatever.

I guess we'll disagree on this one Yas.... It was bound to happen sooner or later. LOL

I just can't see a professional team doing something like that without repurcussion, ESPECIALLY when one of their own starters has been guilty of the same thing!