will it happen

hi8is

will the rumored blockbuster trade with the braves go down? no do you want a trade like this... but will one accually happen  

6 members have voted

1. 1. will the rumored blockbuster trade with the braves go down? no do you want a trade like this... but will one accually happen

• yep, you can put it on the BOOOARRD! YES!
    • hell no, no triggers gonna be pulled

i say yes, the peices are in place, it makes sence for us and KW is in dire need of a pitcher. the braves have been looking to get rid of jones contract for some time now and this gives them a chance to.

I think the pieces are in place and that right now the only question is whether JR will approve of the salary (this is just my hunch) and whether Maggs is healthy and possibly whether the deal is expanded to include Cruz.

As long as Marte isn't a part of it and the rumors are accurate as to who will be a part of the deal, I'll be pretty happy. I'm still gonna take the wait and see approach. I'd love for the deal to be pulled today though, so the Sox can get the players in town for the Twins series.

First they got to win todays game though, but then a big time trade could really be a nice pick me up going into the Twins series.

I also think it will come down to what Ozzie says. He's probably familiar with Andruw Jones since they were teammates and since he was in the NL may no at least a bit about Russ Ortiz. If he likes the idea of Jones, then you'll see this thing go through.

could we deal mags today even if him injured... could he come of the DL to be traded... also i know it would never happen but could not the make the deal and say there is a Player to be Named Later and that jus be Mags??

The Sox could simply activate Magglio Ordonez and send him to the Braves who would then have to keep him on their roster until he is ready to play. Or the deal could be held off. I'm imagining Maggs will be on his way to AAA in the next day or two. He'll probably play two games at DH and then be ready to play.