ESPN 1000: Freddy Garcia traded to the White Sox

Flash Tizzle

I just want to chime in on my opinion of the trade. I will admit, the first thing I thought when I heard that the Sox traded away Olivo was that I hated the trade. I really believe that Olivo has all the talent in the world. But, as I thought about it and heard some comments that KW made, I grew to like the trade. KW made a great point, the Sox have a better chance of winning something big with Garcia on the roster as opposed to Olivo. Olivo is still developing and will need a few more years before he reaches his full potential. By then, the Sox chances of winning might have flown by. Frank could be retired. Konerko might be gone. Maggs may be gone. The team may have fundamentally changed to a point where a World Series is not longer in view. But this season…. With this offense…. We can do it! We needed a pitcher. We needed one badly. By getting Garcia, we are in a PRIME position to make a run at this thing. It hurts to see Olivo go, but I understand why he is gone. He is gone to give Chicago something it hasn’t seen in almost 90 years…. A World Series Champion!

I sure hope you're right, brutha.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It hurts to see Olivo go, but I understand why he is gone. He is gone to give Chicago something it hasn’t seen in almost 90 years…. A World Series Champion!

:headbang

That is exactly how I feel. I mean Olivo is the man, but we can win now! I am getting more and more excited as the day goes on. I now realize it's a business, and wish the best of luck to MO. But, we can win a WS this year! :o :headbang

It's all up to Freddie now.

What he's done in the past doesn't mean squat.

He's 0-0, 0.00 trying to be our No. 2 starter and lead us to the playoffs.

If we don't make it, he's failed and KW has failed.

And who is are number 1 starter???

Just watch... the pessimist inside of me says that Garcia signs back with Seattle and ultimately we trade Reed, Morse, and Olivo for Davis and half a year of Garcia.

Please sign an extension!

I've read things saying that the Mariners have every intention of pursuing Garcia in the offseason.

Man that would hurt.

I've read things saying that the Mariners have every intention of pursuing Garcia in the offseason.

Man that would hurt.

I would be pissed beyond belief.

Unless of course Ben Davis becomes a constant .320 40 120 1.000 threat year in and year out.

And we all know that's not happening. :)

probably a really stupid question but I was just wonderin. Say we do go on to win the world series this year. Would Olivo and Koch get rings because i think i remeber reading that whoever the marlins manager was before they got Mckeon got a ring even though he was fired in may, does that go with players too :huh:

If im not mistaken, the sox rank almost last in throwing out players stealing bases?

(INCLUDING MO)

Yeah, it stinks to loose MO, but i dont think we are that much worse...

I highly doubt that seattle will pursue garcia this offseason unless he is willing to take a pay cut.... why do you think they traded him? they were mandated to cut sallary.... i look for more players to be gone before the deadline

I like this trade, too, because it takes the pressure away from deciding to keep or trade maggs to atlanta....

atlanta wants to have better payroll value, so we wouldnt get estrada anyway

I just realized something.  The Sox for the 2nd straight time have traded one of the players on the future game roster before the game. 

Last year it was Royce Ring.  Just a little odd ball observation.

Not really a good luck charm for staying with the White Sox is it. :lol:

Not really a good luck charm for staying with the White Sox is it.  :lol:

No, it's not. :lol: Also, Ring and Reed were both reps for the American team. So I guess that means beware B-Mac and/or Anderson (one of whom will probably be our Future Rep(s) next year), you will be traded next year roughly a month before the trade deadline. Mark my words, either B-Mac or Anderson will be traded for someone next year. ;)

I don't know if anybody has mentioned this.  But isn't it funny that Olivo started his White Sox career with a hr "first ever at bat against,  Pettite" and now ends his White Sox career with a hr.

Acually he ended it on a groundball cub error (Ramirez) but yea his last game he had a hr just like his 1st one. My sig says it all. Watch him and Reed be future sox killers. ;)

Acually he ended it on a groundball cub error (Ramirez) but yea his last game he had a hr just like his 1st one. My sig says it all. Watch him and Reed be future sox killers. ;)

Well, look on the bright side. We only play the Mariners 6 times a year. I'd be really worried if they were in our division.

Look, if you had one shot, one opportunity... To seize everything you ever wanted-

One moment... Would you capture it or just let it slip? - Eminem

Jreed fan list to ur motto, the sox have got one moment, and KW isn't lettin it slip.

Reed his avg in the Majors is um hmmmmmm nothin no official at bats

Olivo decent ball player hard worker, lots of POTENTIAL, key word there potential he has been hyped up to be next Irod 3 years now and he has come nowhere close to hittin over 300, or hittin in over 100 RBIs.

the sox have one SHOT, to seize the the goal and thats just what KW is doin.

SO everyoNE stop the complainin, KW is not tryin to screw up the team. He has a plan olivo

KW tells me he wants to sign him long term i believe him he said we wheel and deal durin the season, he was truthful, he tried to resign everyone but Colon was an ass we offered him good money but he wanted to be with a different organization and the lazy f*** wont learn english, y should we deal with him and all his barriers.

KW IS THE MAN, a true GM, and a businessman that knows when the ONE SHOT comes U Must seize it.

so quit whinin jreedfan, u know its a good deal. Olivo is no maggs (franchise player, the next thomas maggs needs to finish his career in a black and white uni)who i cant part with, if KW trades him i will revoke my KW is the MAN comment, but otherwise keep it up. :headbang :headbang

Jreed fan list to ur motto, the sox have got one moment, and KW isn't lettin it slip.

Reed his avg in the Majors is um hmmmmmm nothin no official at bats

Olivo decent ball player hard worker, lots of POTENTIAL, key word there potential he has been hyped up to be next Irod 3 years now and he has come nowhere close to hittin over 300, or hittin in over 100 RBIs.

the sox have one SHOT, to seize the the goal and thats just what KW is doin.

SO everyoNE stop the complainin, KW is not tryin to screw up the team. He has a plan olivo

KW tells me he wants to sign him long term i believe him he said we wheel and deal durin the season, he was truthful, he tried to resign everyone but Colon was an ass we offered him good money but he wanted to be with a different organization and the lazy f*** wont learn english, y should we deal with him and all his barriers.

KW IS THE MAN, a true GM, and a businessman that knows when the ONE SHOT comes U Must seize it.

so quit whinin jreedfan, u know its a good deal. Olivo is no maggs (franchise player, the next thomas maggs needs to finish his career in a black and white uni)who i cant part with, if KW trades him i will revoke my KW is the MAN comment, but otherwise keep it up. :headbang  :headbang

I agree with what most of you said. But as far as Olivo not livin up to the Pudge hype. He hasn't even completed his 2nd full season in the majors yet. And he's improved by leaps and bounds over last year. There's no reason to think that he won't continue to get better. I bet you the Mariners will make him their EVERYDAY catcher and not this 2-3 days a week stuff he had to deal with here.

I love this trade...yes it hurts to lose MO, but come on guys

MO does not hit right handed pitching well .... everyone here knows it

In Seattle, his pwer #s will suffer even more in that ball park. I am willing to bet with anyone here that MO will not be an all star ever

He will hit 0.250-0.275....I prefer Garcia...that is a stud that can shut down teh darn twinkies and get us to compete against the As and the Yanks

And would you rather lose Crede or Reed...yes, Crede has struggled here, but we have many more OFers in our system than 3rd basemen....and Crede will get his act in the second half....we have seen it before

:bringit