Do you like the deal??  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the deal??

• Love it
    • Like it
    • Alright
    • Dont Like it
    • Hate it

Alright. First i might get killed for this but Reed is jus hitting 279 right not in AAA. But maybe his great year last year was a somewhat fluke. Now it kills me to lose Miguel Olivo. However Ben Davis is not horrible (2 years ago we were all dying to trade for him from the Padres. THIS IS THE ERA Leader in the AL come on guys.

Olivo AND Reed is the key. Also Micheal Morse is a good SS in our system too. Like I said before we better be getting Estrada (doubt we will) out of the Atl deal or this will hurt. I bet that Olivo and Reed are going to be FUTURE SOX KILLERS.

Olivo AND Reed is the key. Also Micheal Morse is a good SS in our system too. Like I said before we better be getting Estrada (doubt we will) out of the Atl deal or this will hurt. I bet that Olivo and Reed are going to be FUTURE SOX KILLERS.

I know you were big on Reed, but he still doesn't scare me. Reed's still only a "prospect." However, Olivo was the real deal; he's easily the best defensive catcher in the game, and his offensive numbers were coming in nicely.

Well im going to miss my fav player in Olivo.  But as fans, we prayed for Freddy, and what did we get?  Freddy, no more, no less.  Cant complain.  If we sign Freddy long term, this trade will be well worth it.  Now we just need a catcher.

That's what's gonna determine whether or not this is a good deal or not. If Garcia walks after this season then I'm gonna blow my top but if he is successful here and stays a while then I'm cool with it.

Reed was a prospect I understand, but I think Olivo was more than a prospect.  We filled a big need on this team but created another one by dumping Miguel.

I think Sandy and Burke can hold it down for this season. After that I think they have to go free agent to fill the hole.

I put don't like it cause I have no confidence we'll

resign Fred.

Donkey in my opinion said it all:

"Reed was a prospect I understand, but I think Olivo was more than a prospect.

We filled a big need on this team but created another one by dumping Miguel."

If we resign Fred and he does well KW deserves GM of the year.

If he walks after this season, we gave up way too much.

Miguel is a f***ing stud and Reed too????    There better be a randy johnson inside Freddy Garcia.

I completely agree. This was a shaft and a half. If Garcia re-signs then it becomes an ok deal. To trade one stud is one thing, but 2? And I've long said I'd trade ANY minor leaguer ahead of Reed. His numbers are the best and he is the closest. The turnout rate of minor leaguers isn't high enough to know that a guy hitting 250 in high-A (Sweeney) is going to make it. Olivo is a sure thing future all-star. I think Reed could become one too.. :headshake I miss Reed already :crying

Think about the future of this team now. The outfield looks like Borchard (who I'm not high on), Lee, and x in centerfield if Maggs doesn't re-sign. This trade creates another hole (catcher) and puts further emphasis on us re-signing Maggs. Our future is in major question. Imagine if Maggs and Garcia leave. I know it's the 'go for it this year' notion, but I don't think this team can make it. Deal for Andruw Jones and I'll be f***ing thrilled.

Think about the future of this team now. The outfield looks like Borchard (who I'm not high on), Lee, and x in centerfield if Maggs doesn't re-sign.

I would say Anderson, and that's probably the only one that has a shot to reach the majors like Reed. Other than that I can't see anyone else. BTW, I'm not a Borchard fan. ;)

I would say Anderson, and that's probably the only one that has a shot to reach the majors like Reed. Other than that I can't see anyone else. BTW, I'm not a Borchard fan. ;)

Anderson will not make the big league team on Opening Day. He has yet to face a pitch of AA ball (I sound like Brando now :o :lol: ). He will probably go to AA sometime this year and might start next year at AAA. The only hope of him making the Sox is late next year.

For those who don't know:

Ozzie is Freddy's future Fr-in-law.

CWS starter's ERA: 5.04

Freddy Garcia's ERA: 3.20 (2.61 home, 3.91 away)

Sox face Minn, cub, Ana, & Sea before the break.

Sox lose Minn series, SOX 2 gb facing the cub.

Sox win Minn series, SOX 1 gu facing the cub.

It's a 3 game swing in the standings.

Any questions?