Do you like the deal??  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the deal??

• Love it
    • Like it
    • Alright
    • Dont Like it
    • Hate it

I completely agree. This was a shaft and a half. If Garcia re-signs then it becomes an ok deal. To trade one stud is one thing, but 2? And I've long said I'd trade ANY minor leaguer ahead of Reed. His numbers are the best and he is the closest. The turnout rate of minor leaguers isn't high enough to know that a guy hitting 250 in high-A (Sweeney) is going to make it. Olivo is a sure thing future all-star. I think Reed could become one too.. :headshake I miss Reed already :crying

Think about the future of this team now. The outfield looks like Borchard (who I'm not high on), Lee, and x in centerfield if Maggs doesn't re-sign. This trade creates another hole (catcher) and puts further emphasis on us re-signing Maggs. Our future is in major question. Imagine if Maggs and Garcia leave. I know it's the 'go for it this year' notion, but I don't think this team can make it. Deal for Andruw Jones and I'll be f***ing thrilled.

No, no - you could always sign Freddy Garcia in the off-season WITHOUT giving up either Reed or Olivo.

Garcia was the best pitcher available (well, Unit is also avaiable but there are all sort of complications such as his age, health, contract, no-trade clause, etc), I am loving the Seattle part of the deal. :lol: :headbang :wub:

At the same time......Why in the world would Sox give up a very hard-working and popular 5-tool catcher Olivo who's only in his 2nd year of ML service?

Makes no f***ing sense. Sandy could go at any moment; Davis can''t hit; Burke can't hit or field. None can run. All already in their prime or past it.

Better question yet.....Why wasn't Freddy Garcia in the Sox uniform back in late May? Reed + Rauch + another prospect would have probably done it back when there wasn't a bidding war for Freddy's services and Sox weren't "desperate" to get him in the eyes of many GM's?

Did Kenny/JR really think they could smoke-n-mirror their way through a pennant race with Garland-Show-Black Hole as 3-4-5 just because SS got off to a flukey start? I mean, that's where the owner's cheapness and GM's incompetence gets exposed big time.

No, no - you could always sign Freddy Garcia in the off-season WITHOUT giving up either Reed or Olivo.

Garcia was the best pitcher available (well, Unit is also avaiable but there are all sort of complications such as his age, health, contract, no-trade clause, etc), I am loving the Seattle part of the deal. :lol:  :headbang  :wub:

At the same time......Why in the world would Sox give up a very hard-working and popular 5-tool catcher Olivo who's only in his 2nd year of ML service?

Makes no f***ing sense. Sandy could go at any moment;  Davis can''t hit; Burke can't hit or field.    None can run.  All already in their prime or past it.

Better question yet.....Why wasn't Freddy Garcia in the Sox uniform back in late May? Reed + Rauch + another prospect would have probably done it back when there wasn't a bidding war for Freddy's services and Sox weren't "desperate" to get him in the eyes of many GM's?    Did Kenny/JR really think they could smoke-n-mirror their way through a pennant race with Garland-Show-5th starter just because SS got off to a flukey start?  I mean, that's where owner's cheapness and GM's incompetence gets exposed wholesale.

Go figure. You not loving the White Sox part of a deal? WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT? I for one am stunned.