With FG

Soxfest

I'd say the deal is more likely then ever. The Sox could use some other guys as bait or what not. Just because the Sox got their starter, doesn't mean they aren't looking to free up some payroll and this move would free up Ortiz's salary next year and would also strengthen the pen as Scho could come back in the bullpen (although I doubt he would like that) or he could even be part of the deal.

Who knows, but I wouldn't say it isn't a possibility. Who knows, maybe something like Scho/Maggs/Rauch for Jones/Ortiz/Estrada/Cruz

Is dead as a doornail..........So much for all the talk  :fthecubs

Why is that? I would not mind having a starting four of Garcia, Buehrle, Ortiz, and Loaiza. That should get us to the playoffs and deep into it. Why does this deal make the Ortiz/Jones for Rauch/Maggs dead? Please explain.

Levineline said today the Braves also wanted Marte, and may give back Juan Cruz. It makes sense, Sho bumped back to the bullpen with Ortiz in the rotation. God, I hope they don't do this.

trading away half our bullpen would be horrible

Levineline said today the Braves also wanted Marte, and may give back Juan Cruz. It makes sense, Sho bumped back to the bullpen with Ortiz in the rotation. God, I hope they don't do this.

No way do we give up Marte. That is just f'd up. You don't trade left handed relievers who can get out both righties and lefties. Everyone is looking for lefthanded relievers. You don't do that.