Miguel Olivo

CubsSuck1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Big MO, your slam against the Cubbies last year will forever earn you a place in Sox lore. May you have a wonderful career in the Pacific Northwest for many, many years. It hurts to know that #8 won't be behind the plate anymore for the Southsiders. Cheers. :cheers

You were one of my favorite young players on the Sox and I wish you much luck over your career. Thank you for the memories and continue to dominate.  :headbang

Agreed. I thought Miggy was awesome during his short time here and I'm really sorry to see him go. Hopefully Garcia is everything he's cracked up to be or I'm gonna be pissed.

Man, this completely sucks to say Goodbye to Olivo. Loved watching him play and wish him continued success with the Mariners.

As pissed as I am about losing Olivo, I think what we have to remember here is that pitching is EVERYTHING. Without it, you get nowhere. Garcia had better not disappoint us. Furthermore, we better sign Garcia to a long-term deal. Regardless of what happens this season, we better not have lost Olivo for nothing by letting Garcia go after 2004. f*** that.

THE CUBS STILL SUCK AND GO SOUTH SIDE SOX!

I also question KW PUBLICLY calling out his game calling.

There was nothing wrong with Miguel's pitch calling - at least for a catcher playing in his second ML year.

It's not his fault Buehle has been knocked around in 2003 and 2004

It's not his fault Schow doesn't have the talent to be a front-line pitcher.

It's not his fault Garland has an erratic breaking ball and no heart

It's not his fault Rauch/Diaz/Munoz/Wright/Stewart/Porzio had nothing last 2 years

My god I wish Seattle hitting coach gets him to re-adopt and all-field approach.....This guy will be up there with Mauer in the next 5-7 years.

Adding to Miguel Memory: his bases-loaded single against Minnesota last September that got us to a rolling start. Hawk was more excited on that 1st inning single than he was on Frank's 2-run walk-off homer against the Twins in July.

He gunned Beltran out twice in one week last year.

Do you think Ramirez makes an error today if Sandy is running instead of Miguel? Not bloody likely.

Who the f*** is KW to badmouth Olivo after he's gone? That's some bulls*** if I ever saw it. Miggy did everything he was asked to do and then some and this assclown talks s***. I dont see why he feels the need to badmouth the guy, it's not like we got raped in this deal or anything.

Interesting, reporter on the Score says Kenny said during the press conference that he was souring on his game calling. Which is why he didn't catch Buehrle.

That's total BS. If he's having problems game calling, then he should have got help from the dugout. He's only in his 2nd full season. KW, all class.

Who the f*** is KW to badmouth Olivo after he's gone?  That's some bulls*** if I ever saw it.  Miggy did everything he was asked to do and then some and this assclown talks s***.  I dont see why he feels the need to badmouth the guy, it's not like we got raped in this deal or anything.

KW is trying to protect himself and his boss.

Scumbag. If his bastard puppet-master boss doesn't penny pinch in 2002-2003, there is at least 1 divisional title, higher attendance that comes with winning, more profit for 2004 - he doesn't have to count every measly 100K and could pay for Garcia earilier, which means Miguel stays and some minor leaguer takes his place.

I am sorry, but an INTENSE catcher with a live (if raw) power bat, absolute gun for an arm and good speed, one who will be cheap for years to come and whose personality perfectly suits the clubhouse (Uribe, Willie, Jose, Damasso, Ozzie) and the spirit of Soxdom......My god, it didn't have to be this way. Freddy should have been had a month ago.