The division is ours to lose

witesoxfan

The Twins are still in first by one game. But we have a damn solid rotation right now that I would say is top 5 or 6 IN THE MAJORS. Garcia-Buehrle-Loaiza-Garland-Scho 1-5 is probably 2nd in the AL(probably 2nd to the A's, and with Hudson DLing, and Harden with that seperated non-throwing shoulder, we are probably the best right now) in a weak AL Central...if we lose the division, it is our fault. The Twins are now forced to make a move to counter ours...their rotation is not nearly as deep(in fact, it was about the same as ours was going into the day, and now it is that much worse), and their offense can't touch ours.

We add a bullpen arm or two, and we have this f***er damn near wrapped up. All we have to do is play the games and win the ones we should.

This team is now ready to go on a run. If the rotation settles in like it should, this team is unstoppable until atleast the postseason.

How long is Scho out?  There's another hole in the 5 spot.  Maybe Diaz can hang out for a while.

I think, though, that the moving is not over... I think there will be another trade coming...

Yep. There's more to come, I believe

How long is Scho out?  There's another hole in the 5 spot.  Maybe Diaz can hang out for a while.

I think, though, that the moving is not over... I think there will be another trade coming...

Between Diaz and Rauch I think we can squeak by until Shoe comes back.

This is such deja vu.  We're playing Minnesota as we did last year after making a blockbuster deal.

Yeah, but last year the deal lit a fire under our ass and got us going for the 1st time all season. Now that we're working from a position of strength I think we've got the potential to run away with this one.

I'm a greedy f***er. KW go out and get more arms. I don't just wanna win the division. I want more. Taking one series from the cubs isn't enough. I want a WS victory. I want a WS victory when all we've heard since the off-season was that this is "next year" for the Cubs.

There would be nothing better than to win it all when the Northsiders thought it was theirs for the taking.

I have a feeling that we will make it to the playoffs and make it to round 2. As long as the guys take care of themselves (stay away from the DL) than we’ll easily win 80-90 games this year. Ozzie Guillen has fate in these kids and so do I.

Go Sox!

I'm a greedy f***er.  KW go out and get more arms.  I don't just wanna win the division.  I want more.  Taking one series from the cubs isn't enough.  I want a WS victory.  I want a WS victory when all we've heard since the off-season was that this is "next year" for the Cubs. 

There would be nothing better than to win it all when the Northsiders thought it was theirs for the taking.

I agree, and I think he has one more deal up his sleeve.

I'm a greedy f***er.  KW go out and get more arms.  I don't just wanna win the division.  I want more.  Taking one series from the cubs isn't enough.  I want a WS victory.  I want a WS victory when all we've heard since the off-season was that this is "next year" for the Cubs. 

Dude, it's called:

1. One step at a time. Even if we're kicked out of ALCS (which let's face it might happen when you have to go against Brown, Vasquez, Shilling, Pedro, Foulke, Rivera, Williamson, Gordon and their monster line-ups), that means we had a HELLAVA season in terms of attendance and revenues, esp if by some miracle Cubs fall out of contention.......Payroll will be raised in 2005, with Twins even weaker since Pohlad will not spend unless he sees a realistic chance of competing. That means Sox could build a DYNASTY and not just a 1-year thing we got going now. Think long-term - Braves did and they made 3 World Series and countless pennants.

2. I'd love to get Drew (although not if it means Kenny gets raped again) if we are to add another bat. Urbina is also a possibility. Beyond that....I mean unless we're getting a Randy Johnson - which of course won't happen in a million years.

Everybody's assuming Garcia is going to pitch well.

Sure hope that assumption is a damn good one.

That chance you take - there are no guarantees in life or in baseball.

No problem in getting Garcia whatsoever - in fact I think I had him (and Glavine) as Sox' biggest need in damn near every trade-related post. :lol:

My problem is with giving up Miguel - Reed I could live with, but Miguel? That was only done because Sox waited a month too long and had to start out-bidding people. That month is worth a little more than 1 Mill of Garcia's salary Sox would have needed to pick up in order to avoid giving up TWO big-time talents......

I still can't get over this - I've thought Sox wouldn't trade Miguel for a rental player in a million years. Instead, they sold him out for a million bucks. :puke

That chance you take - there are no guarantees in life or in baseball.

No problem in getting Garcia whatsoever - in fact I think I had him (and Glavine) as Sox' biggest need in damn near every trade-related post.  :lol:

My problem is with giving up Miguel - Reed I could live with, but Miguel? That was only done because Sox waited a month too long and had to start out-bidding people.  That month is worth a little more than 1 Mill of Garcia's salary Sox would have needed to pick up in order to avoid giving up TWO big-time talents......

I still can't get over this - I've thought Sox wouldn't trade Miguel for a rental player in a million years.    Instead, they sold him out for a million bucks. :puke

Let me just say that you are not the only one.

Personally, I could give a rat's ass about Reed.

Losing Big Mo hurts. It hurts a lot. I would rather have given up both Reed and Borchard then given up Olivo.

Garcia I do like. I have said that several times. Losing Big Mo is what hurts.

Atleast we know why he was pulled in the 7th anyways.

I agree with Brando. Too much for a rental player.

Joe Morgan just said it is "dangerous" game we're playing

acquiring a guy that could walk.

I mean we're probably not going to pay Maggs, what makes

everybody think we're going to pay Garcia?