Curious Question

Butter Parque

This maaybe too far into the future and a lot can change from now, but does anyone have a clue when this guy becomes a free agent. I would think the white sox would have a good chance to sign him back but he probably is allowed to leave seattle in like 2007. I would just love to have this guy wear a chisox uniform again, I think the organization would do anything for him to return.

PLEASE BRING BACK OLIVO

"Olivo was too upset after the game to comment, a team spokesman said."

"It was one of the hardest conversations I've ever had with a player," Williams said.

Thats what I read on CBSSportsline.com, and reading that just kills me... I cant believe they traded Olivo

I'd bet 3-4 years minimum.

Also, I hate how everyone is saying MO was their boy. I'd look at most their profiles, and really no one has MO as their favorite. Everyone on the team can't be your "boy." That annoys me bad.

See I don't think it's that. It's possible to like the team as a whole. I used to like Frank more than the team. He's still my favorite player on the the team and in MLB, but I like the Sox more than I like him now. I really don't hate anyone on this team. I hated Koch, but he's gone. Cliff's becoming decent; Jackson hasn't been as bad as Koch was, so I don't hate him that much yet.

I didn't say anything that way about MO; I wished him the best. I feel it sucks that he's gone. However, the more the trade's sinking in, the more I like it.

"It was one of the hardest conversations I've ever had with a player," Williams said.

Thats what I read on CBSSportsline.com, and reading that just kills me... I cant believe they traded Olivo

I can't either, but we did.

Let's trade Freddie and Ben Davis now

for Olivo, Reed and that ss.

Seriously, if all of you were 100 percent sure we couldn't resign

Freddie, would you reverse the trade right now?

I would.

p.s. I'm hoping Freddie pitches SO WELL, clemens-like, that

we don't care what we ended up giving up down the line.

Hopefully that will be the case if he is a complete stud.

:crying :angry: :crying :angry: :crying

Let's trade Freddie and Ben Davis now

for Olivo, Reed and that ss.

Seriously, if all of you were 100 percent sure we couldn't resign

Freddie, would you reverse the trade right now?

I would.

p.s. I'm hoping Freddie pitches SO WELL, clemens-like, that

we don't care what we ended up giving up down the line.

Hopefully that will be the case if he is a complete stud.

We need Freddy; we're not making the playoffs with the rotation as it stood before tonight.

just because I didn't say that he was my favorite player in my profile doesn't mean I didn't like him. I thought he would be our catcher for years to come. I saw his hitting come around and I can always remember his first at-bat. (Home Run off Andy Pettite) Olivo was my boy!

Olivo is my boy, Konerko is my boy, Mags is my boy, CLee is my boy, ARow is my boy, Shingo is my boy, Marte is my boy, Jose is my boy, Uribe is my boy, Willie is my boy, Crede is my boy, Diaz is my boy, Este is my boy, Garland is my boy, MB is my boy, Rauch is my boy, Cliff is my boy, Ross is my boy, Timo is my boy............................................................

just because I didn't say that he was my favorite player in my profile doesn't mean I didn't like him. I thought he would be our catcher for years to come. I saw his hitting come around and I can always remember his first at-bat. (Home Run off Andy Pettite) Olivo was my boy!

Well your boy would still be wearing a Sox uni if he could handle the staff. I liked Olivo, and thought he was going to be our future everyday catcher, but if Garcia takes us deep into the playoffs, I will not have a single regret.

Also, I hate how everyone is saying MO was their boy. I'd look at most their profiles, and really no one has MO as their favorite. Everyone on the team can't be your "boy." That annoys me bad.

when i say he is my boy i mean that he is my son :D

Olivo is my boy, Konerko is my boy, Mags is my boy, CLee is my boy, ARow is my boy, Shingo is my boy, Marte is my boy, Jose is my boy, Uribe is my boy, Willie is my boy, Crede is my boy, Diaz is my boy, Este is my boy, Garland is my boy, MB is my boy, Rauch is my boy, Cliff is my boy, Ross is my boy, Timo is my boy............................................................

dude, Jon Adkins is my boy, and you can't take that away from me :lol:

a_williams_i.jpg

"Miguel, it has become apparent within the current structure of our teams starting rotation that a trade is paramount. In the midst of negotiations with Seattle I panicked and conceeded to the demands of Bill Bavasi. Because I failed to address holes before this season, I'm afraid you have been included in a trade.

Jerry Reinsdor and I have envisioned Jamie Burke and Sandy Alomar as the catchers of our future. We unequivocally believe a player of your talent, a five tool catcher, has no place within our organization. We'll be sure to draft an abundace of catchers in next years draft, but deny any reports its to compensate for this trade.

I wish you luck Miguel, though PLEASE resist from reaching your full potential. If you become an all-star catcher I'll never hear the end of it."

a_williams_i.jpg

"Miguel, it has become apparent within the current structure of our teams starting rotation that a trade is paramount.  In the midst of negotiations with Seattle I panicked and conceeded to the demands of Bill Bavasi. Because I failed to address holes before this season, I'm afraid you have been included in a trade. 

Jerry Reinsdor and I have envisioned Jamie Burke and Sandy Alomar as the catchers of our future.  We unequivocally believe five tool catcher has no place within our organization. 

I wish you luck Miguel, though PLEASE resist from reaching your full potential.  If you become an all-star catcher I'll never hear the end of it.

If we win the world series, Olivo become a 600/600 player and it won't bother me.