Trade Predictions

SoxFan1

Which other trade is more likely to happen?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which other trade is more likely to happen?

• Jones/Ortiz from Atlanta
    • Benson/Kendall from Pittsburgh
    • Both
    • Niether

:headshake  :fight

Look at the numbers thats all I am saying.

Andruw Jones has name value and what else? He put on 20lbs to become a better player, and what did it do for him? It gave him a .243 average, and 2 stolen bases.

And how about Russ Ortiz? Atlanta can keep his 1.47 whip, because if he switches leagues that mediocre curve, and high fastball will get destroyed.

I'll take the guy hitting .302 with 7 home runs in 100 less at-bats.

I see the Atlanta deal as a win/win. That's why I think it will happen. We can give prospects to Atlanta, whatever none are must keeps now that Reed is gone. Atlanta gets a better player in Maggs, likely they will be able to pay him. We get the best CFer in the game (sorry Torii Hunter, you're good too) and get another pitcher. Atlanta would also get some young guys to go with it. It's win/win.

I'll say it again.. Ortiz>Shoey

Yeah, but Maggs+Rowand+Rauch/Diaz>Ortiz+Jones

That's why this deal should not happen.

Personally, I don't think either happens. If anything, I see us acquiring a lesser guy that no one even considers(or that no one wants, because he doesn't put up .300 average or 20-30 homers...I think we will get a guy like Schneider or Molina or perhaps Davis will even be good enough...I am not sure yet)

I see the Atlanta deal as a win/win. That's why I think it will happen. We can give prospects to Atlanta, whatever none are must keeps now that Reed is gone. Atlanta gets a better player in Maggs, likely they will be able to pay him. We get the best CFer in the game (sorry Torii Hunter, you're good too) and get another pitcher. Atlanta would also get some young guys to go with it. It's win/win.

Um, Carlos Beltran...

If the Atlanta trade happens, I will be one pissed of mofo.

Jones is not that much better than Rowand, and Ortiz is a piece of s***.

Don't get carried away, check our Ortiz's postseason stats from 2002. He was the Giants best pitcher and helped them reach the WS.

Ortiz is far from a piece of s***...

He owns a career era under 4 and has 95 wins. I believe that would be more career wins than anyone on our staff.

Don't get carried away, check our Ortiz's postseason stats from 2002.  He was the Giants best pitcher and helped them reach the WS.

Ortiz is far from a piece of s***...

He owns a career era under 4 and has 95 wins.  I believe that would be more career wins than anyone on our staff.

With the win today loaiza now has 97 wins, but i get your point

Benson+Kendall makes no sense to me. Benson is pitching worse than Garland.

We'd be better off getting Wells back in that deal.

Jones .243 is a little under-rated. He's got an 856 OPS & double digit HR's. He's striking out more & I think Walker can help with that. The SOX overall are a patient bunch at the plate & I think that would have a big effect on Jones.

If you can get past the strikeouts Jones is a very strong hitter vs RH. That's the biggest weakness in the SOX lineup. Rowand is terrible against RH, & Harris/Perez is not much better.

I really don't think there's an arm on Pitts that is better than any starter we have.

Definitely won't happen. (esp. with last night's performance he's finally learned how to pitch.)

I know that it won't happen just stating that the pirates do have someone in there rotation that are better than someone in ares.