Attendence This Weekend

HuskyCaucasian

Unfortunately, I was gone all weekend (went on a mini-vacation with my fiancée’s family) and I didn’t have a chance to see the Saturday and Sunday games. For those of you who went, I was curious of the ratio of Cubs fans to Sox fans. In past years, there were a high percentage of Cubs fans. But, I was thinking since most of the tickets were gobbled up with the “Starting nine” package, that the Sox percentage would be really high since cubs fans probably wouldn’t have bought tickets to 6 other Sox games.

Unfortunately, I was gone all weekend (went on a mini-vacation with my fiancée’s family) and I didn’t have a chance to see the Saturday and Sunday games. For those of you who went, I was curious of the ratio of Cubs fans to Sox fans. In past years, there were a high percentage of Cubs fans. But, I was thinking since most of the tickets were gobbled up with the “Starting nine” package, that the Sox percentage would be really high since cubs fans probably wouldn’t have bought tickets to 6 other Sox games.

in my opinion it was 2-1 us all weekend

and Saturday and Sunday the fans who wanted the games more were very into the game and were all wearing silver and black -

and damn if the Sox didn't play some smart aggressive baseball and the cubs looked like flubs at a lot of the times -

Ozzie had the team playing well and baker's teram looked at times like it did not know how to play the game

I never thought an Ozzie coached team would do all the little things so well as we haven't done in years and I congratulate Ozzie and was very proud of the team play I saw all weekend

I just realized...We only have to hear Chip and Stone for one game!!! :D

Saturday's on FOX, and Sunday's on ESPN.

I am just glad we never have to liste to Ron Santo. I had to listen to him today driving home. Is he dead? He contributed NOTHING! States the onvious. OH OH!! And this is the best....

Pat was telling the fans that X-Rays on Hollandsworth had come back negative, Santo chimed in something along these lines: "oh, that's good. They must have an X-Ray machine here in the stadium. That's good" RONNIE! Welcome to the 21st centry were most teams play in nice modern parks, unlike your warn down piece of crap you call a stadium! It just shocked me that he sounds amazed at the possiblity that a stadium ACTUALLY has an X-Ray machine. When, in actuallity, Wrigley is probably one of the FEW that dont.

I just realized...We only have to hear Chip and Stone for one game!!! :D

Saturday's on FOX, and Sunday's on ESPN.

Funny thing you mention that...There are a TON of Cub fans complaining all over the place about the "overexposure to the worst broadcasters in the history of sports." :lol:

It must have KILLED all the Cubs fans watching this weekend to hear Hawk and DJ have fun at their team's expense...But it's SO right as well!!!

Hawk and DJ have made their mark!!!

Funny thing you mention that...There are a TON of Cub fans complaining all over the place about the "overexposure to the worst broadcasters in the history of sports."  :lol:

It must have KILLED all the Cubs fans watching this weekend to hear Hawk and DJ have fun at their team's expense...But it's SO right as well!!!

Hawk and DJ have made their mark!!!

Atleast Hawk and DJ give props to the Cubs.

Stone would say something beyond stupidity, and the nation would wonder what the f*** he was talking about.

Why would ST holders sell their tickets for this series?

Sounds like a Cub ST holder thing to do.

I was a season ticket holder for many years, and the last 3 years I would not attend the Cubs Sox games. Because I get pissed off when I hear Cub fans, anytime, but especially in my ballpark. But I would never let my tickets fall into the hands of a Cub fan.

I was a season ticket holder for many years, and the last 3 years I would not attend the Cubs Sox games. Because I get pissed off when I hear Cub fans, anytime, but especially in my ballpark. But I would never let my tickets fall into the hands of a Cub fan.

Stub Hub. The worst invention ever as far as I'm concerned.

I sell my Sox-Cubs tickets at face value, to family or business associates - as a favor to them.

They are greatly appreciated by the White Sox fans I sell them to, and very frankly, I can watch the games in peace and quiet.

Just a personal preference, I guess.

And yeah ... I prefer not to be in the company of "x" thousand Cub fans.

Actually I sell a number of my games as a package - many of you on this site remember I tried to do that here in March. Buy 7-8 games and one of them is a Sox-Cubs game. All face value. I think that's fair, but no one jumped on it.

It amazes me, people won't buy tickets at the season ticket holder discounted rate, get great bleacher seats ... yet they will buy from a scalper and pay $50 higher than face.

Well then, many Sox fans are Asshats!

My grandmother sold hers. 144 row 2, 4 seats. She sold them for $250 EACH. She sold them to Sox fans, but is sure that they sold them to others for more $$. She made $3K off the deal which is just over 1/4 of her TOTAL package for the year.

You wouldn't do that..? Even for 1 of the games? To not have to deal with the idiot Cub fans?

Last year we were offered $1K EACH for our All Star tickets. We didn't sell them.. but it was very tempting.

I agree. And yesterday also. Many of ST holders between the bases sold their tickets.

I agree as well. It was full of Cubs fans near me. I was the only Sox fan in my row and there was only one in the row in front of me.

I agree as well. It was full of Cubs fans near me. I was the only Sox fan in my row and there was only one in the row in front of me.

Friday 127 was taken over. The row in front of us was all Cub fans but they were nice. A few loud mouths in 126, but not too many. Right behind us were Cub fans too, but they wandered most of the game. The closest Sox fans to us where 2 rows back. But the majority around us were Cub fans. No big deal since we really had no issues. I don't recall any "ha, ha we kicked your asses today".