Soxtalk's 2nd biggest day ever

southsider2k5

Just checking some stats and I noticed that Soxtalk had its 2nd highest posting total ever for a single day of 2031 posts. That total was only surpassed by the 2045 posts on July 2nd of last year, which was the first game following the aquisions of Everett and Alomar.

I'm quite surprised that yesterday wasn't the biggest, especially with there being an increase in members. It was close though, but yesterday had so much going for it. The hype before the rubber match of the crosstown series, the victory in the first stint of the crosstown series, trade rumors, and THE trade.

I'm quite surprised that yesterday wasn't the biggest, especially with there being an increase in members.  It was close though, but yesterday had so much going for it.  The hype before the rubber match of the crosstown series, the victory in the first stint of the crosstown series, trade rumors, and THE trade.

I think it would have been the biggest, but a lot of people were at the games, versus the trades last year when we were on the road, so everyone was at their computers. I get the feeling that tommorrow will be a record setting day.

I saw a lot more meaningful and often meaningless debate this time around, last time was pretty consistanly positive.

I agree. This time around the trade was less wildly accepted. Myself included, I don't like this trade. It was hard not to like the Alomar and Everett deals because we didn't give much up.